Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

Been travelling for the last 2 weeks, so no car work. I'm supposed to be on vacation painting my car this week, but my job had other ideas about that. So now I am off next week to get this thing painted. :blam:

I have been slowly picking up all the exterior trim pieces, as this car had less than half of the trim when I got it.

Picked up a set of 2011 Camaro 18" wheels. I'm sure most of you have thought about it before :lol:
I will probably paint them and try to recreate a factory rally wheel look. The aftermarket does make chrome trim rings and caps for them. They need to be spaced out too. But with appropriately sized tires, I think they will look cool. I'm still on the hunt for some fancy billet wheels though.
camarowheels007.jpg

camarowheels004.jpg

camarowheels006.jpg

Picked up some Monstaliner to do the bed liner, my Jeep friends all say its the best.
Finish primed the hood, tailgate, header panel, gas door and sail panels. 2 weeks from now I should have the paint 100% done. Wish me luck.

84clonewars said:
So what the rims on the elco are for sale now??? They would look nice on my regal lol
You want to try them on, let me know.

To me, wheels are always temporary. :mrgreen:

Primered the car today.
This morning...
IMG_20120925_090919.jpg

This afternoon...
IMG_20120925_151407.jpg

There are a few spots I'm not thrilled with, but looks good. Tomorrow will be alot more block sanding :blam: and if the weather cooperates I will paint the topcoat.

My truck was grey like thatfor a few days back in 99'. Extra care now is well worth it, getting to spray it is the fun part.

Hadn't given 2010 camaro wheels a thought before, I,m still recovering from making the nose fit. :rofl: Considering the 2010 taillights one day?? Thinkin about trying the plasti dip spray thing on my cragars for a temporary change.
I'm off work the rest of the week myself workin on mine for a show on the 7th, good luck to the both of us. :blam:

Welp, its goldish. More of a sand color. So I renamed it :mrgreen:
IMG_20120926_115101.jpg

I know its a strange color but I think when its all put back together it will be cool. 8) Its hard to take a picture of it that doesnt make it look real light. It looks darker in person.
Tomorrow I will do the bedliner, and maybe put the engine back in it. Then I will reassemble the front clip.

I agree, should look good once put back together.Will probably take photographing in lower light setting to give a truer picture. With that shade of paint, a small accent pinstripe above the top bodyline & or something on the lower half might be a consideration to compliment the color. Nice work,looks like your day off to work on the truck is going better than mine, it's rained sideways a few times into my carport workspace here, while the sun is shining. Then the sun goes out when it stops raining. :wtf:

Thanks, I was a little worried this morning as it was cold, but it warmed up.
I do have some plans for some pinstriping, but not sure where or how much of it. And I dont know if I want to try and stripe it myself or not. I've managed to do everything else by myself, so that will probably happen too. :mrgreen:

where did you paint it? Garage or outside? Looks damn good BTW..keep it up bro..

I painted it outside. I used hotrod flatz champagne gold metallic. The paint sprayed pretty easily, and dries real fast. I did use 1 full gallon of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor