Project Thread... my regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the compliments...

I didn't think the S-10 rims would look good... I was thinking of SS Cragars or Torq Thrusts, but when I bolted the S-10 rims on it just kinda grew on me. Who woulda thought? And the white letter BFG's really set it off for me...

Update... been driving the car alot, it's been soo nice out, almost like summer. heard a little valvetrain noise so I decided to pop the valve covers off. was glad to find all new springs and a simple valve adjustment made the ticking go away... 😀 Got a couple leads on a Q-jet, hopefully one of them will turn out ok. A little tuning of the idle mixture on the holley has helped the throttle response, but it's still tempermental...

Update:

Scored a good Q-Jet core for $10. Needs a full rebuild...

Got rid of the plastic bomb flex fan and replaced it with an electric fan. Feels "snappier", and it doesn't sound like an old airplane anymore! 😀

love.those.g's said:
Got rid of the plastic bomb flex fan and replaced it with an electric fan. Feels "snappier", and it doesn't sound like an old airplane anymore! 😀

Nice. 🙂 Got pics?

Here's the Q-jet
normal_101_1412.JPG

Got a lead on another one that might be in better shape, so I'm gonna hold off on building this one until I see the other one...

And the fan setup:
normal_101_1424.JPG

normal_101_1425.JPG

normal_101_1426.JPG

Gotta get some metal strips to build some brackets for the fan, and get shorter bolts for the water pump pulley, but it works for now. Car is so much quieter at highway speeds and I don't have to worry about the plastic flex fan "exploding".

Gotta love the custom coolant overflow... :mrgreen:

We've got one of those flex fans on our '71 Sprint. I was never a fan of the noise it makes and I've heard stories about them "exploding." I'd like to switch to an electric fan on my own Regal one day.

love.those.g's said:
Gotta love the custom coolant overflow... :mrgreen:

......is that a half gallon milk jug?? lmao Hey, as long as it works!

Grandprixpaul said:
What brand is the radiator ,i need to upgrade mine i was looking at one on ebay that came with the fans but a little leary of the quality

Not sure what brand it is. I think it came from Jegs... I will have to dig out the receipt...

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
thumb_101_1429.JPG

My first time ever drag racing. This was my best run of the night. (I was car #622). My first run was a 15.2 at 82.5 and I lifted at about half track when the other guy's hood flew off... (video soon...), the second run was a red light 😢 , the third run was the best, and the fourth was back up to 15.2 at 91.81 and I could feel it getting squirrely at the top end because the track was getting cold. Air temps were around 35-40 degrees at that point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor