Project Thread... my regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Figured it's about time to start a thread on my toy....

The starting point:
'82 Regal
350 Chevy built- mild cam, headers, unknown compression, holley carb, runs good
350 Trans. stall converter, shift kit, external cooler and filter. rubber in all 3 gears!
7.5 rear 3.42 gears posi

Purchased last fall for $2500.
Here is a "before" pic:
normal_101_1247.JPG

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Threw plates on it and drove it around until the snow flew, then parked it. Didn't do much to it over the winter. Fixed two loose torque converter bolts, one was stripped... that was fun...

The car had like-new 14" tires on steel rims on it and my winter beater S-10 had bald 15" tires on alloy rims. Why leave the good tires on the parked car and the bald ones on the driver? Swapped the rims and tires over thinking the S-10 rims would look stupid on the regal, but the more I looked at the car, the more I liked the S-10 rims on it so they are there to stay now...

Picked up a pair of 235/60/15 BFG Radial TA's for the rear, and will get 215/60/15's for the front next paycheck...

normal_101_1401.JPG

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Plans:

front tires

tune-up

stereo

loose the holley and replace it with a Q-Jet

new tailpipes (the ones on there now are kinda hacked together out of stock-replacement pipes...)

fix rust, paint car (two tone grey??)

Drive It! A Lot!

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I like that color combo, however it's your car and it should look the way you like. Have fun with it 8)

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
good start, wish my cutty started with me having posi

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
It's not a bad color combo, I'm just not that into it... I won't have the money for a good paint job for a while, and I don't want to do a crappy paint job, so I will keep this paint for a while...

Swapped in a new set of plugs last night... runs much better.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I don't like those colors either. But the more I look at the pic with the S10 wheels, the more it grows on me. It all goes really good together.

And something about those S10 wheels, they seem to look really good on gbodys.

Nice car. 8)

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
That color combo certainly is different but I think two tone grey would look awesome on that car. I've never seen S-10 wheels on a g body but they're actually not bad. Overall it's a real nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor