Project Thread... my regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Got brakes!! Finally finished putting the rears back together. Ended up using the NAPA wheel cylinder brackets... they are nice! Drill two holes per side, bolt the brackets over the wheel cylinders, and they aren't going anywhere... :D

Might go to the track tonite...

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Finally made it out to the track... turns out they were having technical difficulties due to recent storms. At first the only thing that worked was the tree. Car felt stronger-pulled all the way to the end instead of levelling off in third. After a while they were able to get the "scoreboards"working on the left lane so you could have a friend watch your e.t. when you ran. My first run "on the clock" was a 14.3 :lol: by the time I left I was running 14.2's. I will post a video soon...

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Your having a great time. That's the goal. You remind me of myself when I first got into racing. (Wish I had cameras then. :roll: )Your doing great.
T

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Got better heads! Smaller chambers, bigger valves. Gotta put valve seals in them, and I'm gonna try to come up with a cam to put in when its apart... Winter/spring project...

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
image_zpsdgnq7uq7.jpg

One head ready for reassembly... Cut the guides down for positive seals and cleaned the casting flash out of the oil drain back holes...

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Been following your thread and glad to see your enjoying your car - you can have fun and not spend a bundle on it. Con grats on married life and glad to see your wife is on board. Don't throw a lot of money at those heads, they will help you and I hope you are doing it on the cheap. Will be following.

Attachments

• 83 regal 013.jpg
    83 regal 013.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Definitely low dollar... I know they're not great but they are better than what is on the car now...

Paid $200 for the heads (fully assembled), just need valve seals and a head gasket set...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor