Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Nice thread, I did my buddies 5 series bmw like you did that mustang

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Grandprixpaul said:
What brand is the radiator ,i need to upgrade mine i was looking at one on ebay that came with the fans but a little leary of the quality
Found the receipt for the radiator... it came from Jeg's. Only problem is the part number doesn't exist on Jeg's website... I have no idea what brand it is. Sorry I couldn't help... :(

boostmaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2011
Nice project. Love the color combo... Never see them that color. Always with the black or grey... Boring...
If it were me, I'd keep the body stock appearing with that color and build a sleeper... No one will ever suspect... :mrgreen:

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
442_7.5ltr said:
Great build! What did you find out about the plugs getting oiled?
Most of it was being sucked in thru the PCV valve because there were no baffles in the valve cover. That's all fixed now. I think the valve seals may be leaking a little, but it's not fouling the plugs anymore...

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Love the altoids! Did you rivet it right to the valve cover? Everytime I need motivation to get out to the garage & work on my car, I envision myself whomping past mustangs & imports... Keep up the good work!

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
It looked like there was supposed to be a baffle there... there were screw holes that weren't tapped. I just threaded the holes and screwed the altoids tin in... worked great...

As far as the paint goes... I do like being different. Maybe I will keep the colors the same... It's gonna be a while before I have the $$ to do the bodywork anyway... I will probably upgrade the heads before I tackle the paint/bodywork... maybe the colors will "grow on me"...

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Update: Ever since I've had this car I've had trouble with hesitation and bogging. I attributed that to the Holley carb. Switching to the Q-Jet helped some, but it still wasn't 100%. A carb rebuild helped a little more, but again it still wasn't quite right. It's slow at work today so I brought my car in the shop and checked the timing again. It was right where it should be, but I noticed that when I revved the engine the timing mark didn't move at all. I had no mechanical advance. I took the cap and rotor off and pulled the weights and springs off and found that the arm was completely frozen on the shaft. I was able to work the arm loose with a little penetrating oil. I can't take it for a test drive because I am still at work, but just revving it in park it sounds a lot healthier. Can't wait until I'm done working and I can see how it drives... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor