Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice work, man...and this is going to be a street driven car? :shock:

vwdahn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2013
Gladstone Michigan
Yes STREET CAR. full interior 15 gal fuel cell. But I have tried to follow the NHRA rules to the letter. There should be no issues if I do take it to the track :D

That's why I had to go with the Watts link hopefully it works out ok.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
vwdahn said:
Yes STREET CAR. full interior 15 gal fuel cell. But I have tried to follow the NHRA rules to the letter. There should be no issues if I do take it to the track :D

That's why I had to go with the Watts link hopefully it works out ok.

I was curious of the watts link. I am wondering if the angles of the links will wok out for you.

Looks great in any case! :D

vwdahn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2013
Gladstone Michigan
The watts has a full adjustable rod ends on both sides. It has over 11'' of linear vertical travel. That travel can be adjusted by the rod ends LH RH. I have had car throughout its range of motion and it is surgical on how perfect it travels.
the picture was at full extension not ride height the links are straight at ride height.

You can also move the rear left or right in the chassis with those links.

Thank James Watt for this 230 year old invention!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt's_linkage

vwdahn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2013
Gladstone Michigan
Almost done with the interior sheet metal. Good learning experience since I have never worked with sheet metal :) I made a brake for about $50 and bought a Eastwood bead-roller.

AND THE REAR SEAT WILL FIT! (slight mod to rear of seat)

BMR Suspension

G-Body Guru
Aug 2, 2012
Tampa FL
vwdahn said:
;)
There is a bullet hole on the other side on the rear quarter of the car from the inside... :shock: looks like a .38 or so... The car has character

I am looking to make the whole front clip fold forward (fenders forward) does anyone have any information on how they did/do it.

ahhh look a mouse! :shock:

a G-Body Rat-Rod!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor