Question on Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

84Deykno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
Is it possible to put a Vortec Chevy 350 from a 2000 Surburban into a 1984 Buick Regal if I change the intake and fuel injection to carburator?

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
You will also have to modify the oil pan as well. or use an oil pan from an 98-02 F-body. The 5.3 vortec will hang down about 3" to low once installed.

84Deykno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
Conan-64 said:
You will also have to modify the oil pan as well. or use an oil pan from an 98-02 F-body. The 5.3 vortec will hang down about 3" to low once installed.

ok, use oil pan from 98-02 F-body
change intake
swap fuel injection to carb
anything else???? Cause Im very intrested in this swap

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
F-body exhaust manifolds, or headers.
New motor mounts.
And an aftermarket ignition.

Might want to look into as amny LSx swaps as ya can. There is a tech section on it at maliburacing.com, and i'm sure some other g-body sites.

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
i'm currently in the middle of doing this swap myself. I found a great deal of info on LS1Tech.com. I'm about 2weeks out from actually doing the complete install.

is there any reason you preffer Carb over fuel inj?

84Deykno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
Conan-64 said:
i'm currently in the middle of doing this swap myself. I found a great deal of info on LS1Tech.com. I'm about 2weeks out from actually doing the complete install.

is there any reason you preffer Carb over fuel inj?

Really because I dont understand how to install fuel injection into a 1984 buick regal

bigtrent

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
figured i'd throw my newb 2 cents in here. believe all you will need is the computer and a plug and play wiring harness. as well as an in tank fuel pump for the higher pressure that the FI requires.

84Deykno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
bigtrent said:
figured i'd throw my newb 2 cents in here. believe all you will need is the computer and a plug and play wiring harness. as well as an in tank fuel pump for the higher pressure that the FI requires.

thats it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor