Quite The Surprise Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
kustomkyle said:
Grab the whole thing and ship it down here. Doesn't look too rusty, just looks like someone rattle canned it flat black/primer. Unless the frame is bad? After all, aren't those...how do you say...rare/collectible (somewhat)? What was somebody thinking just throwing a car like that away? They aren't worth a whole lot, but they are worth something.

I've tried to buy cars from this place before...from what they pay to what they'll sell them for is quite a difference....of course that's how it's got to work with a wrecker I guess. From what you see in those pics I'm figuring this would be about a $1000 car from them.

Sadly the timing among other things wasn't right for me on the car pictured below...it changed hands a couple of times after I found it and was last listed for $3500

aSFAhG.jpg

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
How much for the inner buckles to Livonia ny ? Does it have the belt covers where they attach to the upper sides ? Kevin, did you take a look at the rear to see if it's an 8.5? It's a shame that Cutty is there though.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
JBreu said:
How much for the inner buckles to Livonia ny ? Does it have the belt covers where they attach to the upper sides ? Kevin, did you take a look at the rear to see if it's an 8.5? It's a shame that Cutty is there though.

PM sent Joe. No 8.5 in these cars, I believe they got 2:73 in the 7.5.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
wow....Im trying to remember if I have ever seen an '79-'81 442 before in real life, or in pictures for that matter....either the old noggin is losin a few marbles or Ive just been deprived of the satisfaction all my life...lol

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
def a 442 or a Calais. I went nuts back in the early 90's looking for that exact square header panel and front bumper for my 80 Calais after an accident ( the cutlass got the different chrome waterfall grille and matching header panel ). I can only imagine how hard it would to find one now and those pieces look to be pretty good in the pics. IIRC the 442 / W30 not only got the 5.7 but the grilles and tail light surrounds were painted black ( they were chrome on my Calais ). Also should be decals on the door panels and sail panels

Either way nice find for somewhat rare ( 1 year only ) parts. I would def grab the header and bumper and post them on fleabay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor