Radiator Hose Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowAJ

n00b
Sep 24, 2014
So I'm trying to tackle an overheating issue with my 86 Regal, 231. I started getting warning lights last night, and when I came home, my hood was billowing steam. I've noticed a slow leak from one of the lines, but it wasn't anything too serious that couldn't be maintained. Today, I flushed the radiator and refilled coolant and then started up the engine. I've been having idling problems, ie- she idles high when in park and then low when in drive. When I put the car in drive, and as it starts to get hot, the cooling line contracts, as if someone was sucking everything out of it. Do I have a vacuum leak? What is causing this? Unfortunately I don't have a mechanic I can trust to do a thorough investigation, so here I am... any help would be appreciated!

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Did you inspect the inside of the radiator for excessive corrosion that my be clogging the tubes?

If you're not getting any circulation at all, I suspect that the thermostat is probably stuck. Has that been changed in the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor