Random Ls question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I am not disputing this. However, there is some validity to the statement that most folks who are building turbo LS-engines use the "rule of thumb" or "proven combo" or "it worked in a magazine" or "its just what I had laying around" method to modeling a turbo kit/components with little thought given to the science behind it all. It makes me laugh inside to see all of the 1000hp junkyard builds that fail.

100% of those 1000HP junkyard builds would fail if they tried to use a supercharger which was the whole point of this thread.

I've seen many 1000hp junkyard turbo builds that have succeeded. I can't recall one supercharger build that did.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Wow you sound like my ex-wife. Try Midol.

Look, obviously you have to be right. So ok, fine. You're right. feel better?

Were you a condescending **** to her, too? Why not try to not tell people how stupid and wrong they are, not make sweeping generalizations about "most people" and stick to facts. More people will listen to what you have to say if you do.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

Montague

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2016
Yes, hp loss is higher on a supercharger than a PROPERLY sized turbo and accompanying parts. HOWEVER, improperly sized turbo systems will create high backpressure which can surpass an SC in terms of parasitic loss. Which, in all reality, is most of the turbo setups people have on their rides.

Lets stop with the splicing of quotes. Black and white. I stated "an improperly sized turbo system will create high backpressure which CAN surpass an SC".

I stated in a DIFFERENT sentence " Which in all reality is most of the setups people have"

Soooo. I literally just said most people have an improperly sized turbo setup.

I didn't call anyone an idiot. You did. Chill out killer.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I am not disputing this. However, there is some validity to the statement that most folks who are building turbo LS-engines use the "rule of thumb" or "proven combo" or "it worked in a magazine" or "its just what I had laying around" method to modeling a turbo kit/components with little thought given to the science behind it all. It makes me laugh inside to see all of the 1000hp junkyard builds that fail.

I'm sure Denmah read it in a magazine and built it - Christ - it was almost turn key. Are you for real?

Is this supposed to be your example of a junk yard or stock build SC LS build? The only stock part on this might be the alternator bracket.

You two guys are trolls passing on more misinformation than the last I guy I mentioned that to. The real issue is some kid will stumble onto this thread and think that there is some value in this thread.

I'm kinda new to forum, but a mod needs to close this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
No reason to close it. As I said I've seen controlled environment comparisons of both setups of parasitic loss. The idea that a supercharger typically results in a lower peak power is because of a visual belt causing drag is pure old school speculation. The idea that intake pressure pushing against an impeller that is in turn pushed the opposite direction has no drag is just silly. Boost is a measurement of resistance. And that's not even including all the Lil kinks and bends in the exhaust to run the turbo. The area where a turbo shines is in intake temps. Turbos just get a colder air charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor