Ready for winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabrusa

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2015
Ahhh winter.

That is that time of year when high temps drop down to the 60s, sometimes 50s, and you start wearing some long sleeves right?

If memory serves, usually in around 3 or 4 months we get one or two nights where a killing freeze takes out half the garden by dropping into the bottom 30s. I think about half my green pepper plants are now 3, going on 4 years old. Hope they make it another year.
We already had our freeze that killed our plants!
another month or so we will have had our fist substantial snow fall and the salt and brine will be on the roads.

• Wow
  • Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I usually make it til November 1st, but I might sneak it out if there's a warm dry winter day. This should be "what's everyone's winter project?"

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Funny thing this thread appeared today.
After getting my neighbors cars assembled, loaded, and on their way to Ontario, I fired mine up and took it for a thorough bath. Stopped and filled the tank with some premium go-juice, grabbed some StaBil from the parts store and added it.

Tuesday or Wednesday it’ll go into the neighbors garage with the battery tender and car cover on it, and go into hibernation for the winter. Bittersweet that it’s being parked for the season, but excited to get some room back in my own garage!

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mine are all tucked away waiting for the car hauler.

The Monte is undriveable because it is loaded to the t*ts with it's uni-installed parts, panels, and trim. The wagon is much of the same plus the Kitty's rear drag wheels and tires. Natasha's Camaro is going to carry the matching skinny fronts and a few other odds and ends. The Kitty had a bunch of takeoffs that need a home too. The TBSS is already loaded up.

Basically it's just a matter of keeping the batteries charged long enough to get them onto the trailer and off to their new home.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Mine are all tucked away waiting for the car hauler.

The Monte is undriveable because it is loaded to the t*ts with it's uni-installed parts, panels, and trim. The wagon is much of the same plus the Kitty's rear drag wheels and tires. Natasha's Camaro is going to carry the matching skinny fronts and a few other odds and ends. The Kitty had a bunch of takeoffs that need a home too. The TBSS is already loaded up.

Basically it's just a matter of keeping the batteries charged long enough to get them onto the trailer and off to their new home.
Wow, I’m starting to get discouraged about the weather, because that’s when we put the cars away. But that’s another 2-4weeks away. For the love of god, I’m still planning to get it the local drag strip once or twice more this year.

I know our southern members are months away from my time table.

I feel for you guys.

On a positive note (for me), my son just bought a house in the Carolinas. I’m thinking I can haul my car down there and race until December.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Funny thing this thread appeared today.
After getting my neighbors cars assembled, loaded, and on their way to Ontario, I fired mine up and took it for a thorough bath. Stopped and filled the tank with some premium go-juice, grabbed some StaBil from the parts store and added it.

Tuesday or Wednesday it’ll go into the neighbors garage with the battery tender and car cover on it, and go into hibernation for the winter. Bittersweet that it’s being parked for the season, but excited to get some room back in my own garage!
Do you always use the battery tender? For my boat I’ve always charged the battery and let it sit disconnected. It’s worked well for me over the years. A few mechanics I know feel that the battery tenders dry out the battery.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Winter ?? It was 93 degrees in Houston today, when I came outside for my lunch break. I wear shorts until it gets below freezing. I only wore jeans 2 times last year :ROFLMAO:

• Sad

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Wow, I’m starting to get discouraged about the weather, because that’s when we put the cars away. But that’s another 2-4weeks away. For the love of god, I’m still planning to get it the local drag strip once or twice more this year.

I know our southern members are months away from my time table.

I feel for you guys.

On a positive note (for me), my son just bought a house in the Carolinas. I’m thinking I can haul my car down there and race until December.
Not Worth the tow unless your a SBRA member

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you always use the battery tender? For my boat I’ve always charged the battery and let it sit disconnected. It’s worked well for me over the years. A few mechanics I know feel that the battery tenders dry out the battery.

Yep, have for years now and never an issue. I use a Battery Tender Jr, and just bought another one last year for The Juggernaut now that it needs a battery to operate the air ride compressors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor