CUTLASS Ready or not here I come...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I will upgrade the gears and driveshaft for sure, I'd like to have fun after I'm done swapping the engine and trans...as far as wheel size I'm still debating that...
Don't pick a rear gear until you have a tire size you want.

Will I need to purchase a separate MAP sensor for the intake manifold if the Terminator X has this noted on the overview ?

Terminator X Max features real-time fuel learn, high impedance injector drivers, an integrated 1bar MAP sensor, and 4 programmable inputs and outputs

On-Board 1bar MAP sensor, is perfect for N/A or Nitrous engine combos. If your combination requires a 2+Bar, we recommend GM 12592525, and our adapter part number 558-416.

I want to install the intake and I need to drill a hole for the MAP sensor and I wonder if I will need to if the Terminator has a MAP sensor already.

You've probably figured this out already, but you don't need a separate MP sensor other than the one in the ECU for a non-boosted build.

What add ons are you planning to run? I.E. fans, AC, etc? For a driver, usually 4 ins and outs are plenty.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Don't pick a rear gear until you have a tire size you want.

You've probably figured this out already, but you don't need a separate MP sensor other than the one in the ECU for a non-boosted build.

What add ons are you planning to run? I.E. fans, AC, etc? For a driver, usually 4 ins and outs are plenty.
Thanks, I was planning on going with 3.73 gear ratio for the differential but before I do that I will make sure to figure what size wheels and tires I will go with.

I decided to use the MAP sensor that the Terminator X has included in it.

I do plan on using electric fans and ac, I will most likely get an aftermarket ac kit last, after all the mechanical work is done.

I have a question about the pump I bought, it is the Holley EFI fuel tank module 255 lph, part number 12-306 it states, "Fuel pressure is internally regulated to 58 psi" and I was reading the instructions to the Terminator X Max and it states in Section 7.1 A complete high pressure EFI fuel system must be installed for the TERMINATOR X™. The pump should be capable of supplying 255 liters/hour or 400 lb./hr. of fuel at the Terminator X system requirement of 60 PSI. Should I get a different pump or should this pump be compatible?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The pump should work fine as long as you don't add boost. It is definitely compatible for an LS swap. Your fuel table will not look normal if you aren't using a vacuum regulated fuel pressure regulator, but it should work just fine. If you already have it, then use it.

What rails/intake are you using?

Reactions: 1 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The pump should work fine as long as you don't add boost. It is definitely compatible for an LS swap. Your fuel table will not look normal if you aren't using a vacuum regulated fuel pressure regulator, but it should work just fine. If you already have it, then use it.

What rails/intake are you using?
Thanks, I'm using the MSD Airforce Intake for an LS engine and MSD Atomic EFI billet fuel rails.

I went with 36 lb/hr injectors and a 102 Sniper EFI throttle body.

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I bolted flywheel to torque converter, made the trans cooler hoses and installed them on the transmission. Dropped the motor and trans into the car. Gonna try to have the intake, injectors, fuel rails, & headers installed this week. I would like to build a center console and have the Terminator X stashed in it with a "door" like the original consoles have. I'm using the Hooker headers for the gbody ls swap but it is a pain trying to install them. Kinda looks like I will have to cut off a piece from the trans housing..

The motor sits pretty close to the firewall.
FIREWALL.jpg

After the second installation.
INSTALL.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I bolted flywheel to torque converter, made the trans cooler hoses and installed them on the transmission. Dropped the motor and trans into the car. Gonna try to have the intake, injectors, fuel rails, & headers installed this week. I would like to build a center console and have the Terminator X stashed in it with a "door" like the original consoles have. I'm using the Hooker headers for the gbody ls swap but it is a pain trying to install them. Kinda looks like I will have to cut off a piece from the trans housing..

The motor sits pretty close to the firewall.

After the second installation.
Trans cooler hoses? What type of 'hose' are you using? There's a reason trans cooler lines are steel/hard from the factory.

I know of more than a few occasions where one of the bellhousing ears had to be trimmed when using different headers so that doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Trans cooler hoses? What type of 'hose' are you using? There's a reason trans cooler lines are steel/hard from the factory.

I know of more than a few occasions where one of the bellhousing ears had to be trimmed when using different headers so that doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.
Trans cooler hoses are from ICT Billet and I used -6 AN fittings this is the description they have for the hose,

-6AN Nylon Braided Hose​

Compatible with oil, water, and all fuels such as ethanol / methanol​

• Reinforced with a single braid of bright corrosion resistant type 302 stainless steel wire braid
  • Made in the USA
  • Operating range of -40 degrees to +300 degrees
  • 2000 Series, black braided nylon cover makes this lightweight hose both durable and attractive
  • Designed to be used with FPS series 2000 hose ends

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Trans cooler hoses are from ICT Billet and I used -6 AN fittings this is the description they have for the hose,

-6AN Nylon Braided Hose​

Compatible with oil, water, and all fuels such as ethanol / methanol​

• Reinforced with a single braid of bright corrosion resistant type 302 stainless steel wire braid
  • Made in the USA
  • Operating range of -40 degrees to +300 degrees
  • 2000 Series, black braided nylon cover makes this lightweight hose both durable and attractive
  • Designed to be used with FPS series 2000 hose ends
Check w/them on the anticipated life-span expectation.

Am I being cautious? Maybe. Would I be safe/smart by using steel (hardline) if I didn't plan on annual maintenance? Definitely.

Racers use hoses but they are replaced on regular maintenance intervals. This is why street cars use steel lines. Install them once & not worry about them deteriorating & failing.

Reactions: 2 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I managed to install the intake, injectors, fuel rails, steam vent assy, and both headers. The headers slid right in after I raised the car another six inches they fit like a glove. If I have a chance Saturday I will take care of the fuel pump/sending unit, fuel plumbing and tank.

PASS.jpg
CENTER.jpg
DRIVER.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Houston78

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Anyone using a FAST composite intake or the MSD LS1 intake and the Terminator X

On the Terminator X it requires a MAT sensor on the intake manifold but I'm using the MSD Airforce intake and it doesn't have a place to install a MAT sensor, Should I just mount a sensor into the intake tube? Will that make a big difference in how the engine runs?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor