Rear Blazer brake swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
hey I'm Mr P nice work I;M having hard time finding the blazer disc brake setup can you fine this setup for me.
Hey Bro,
How about a nice introduction? Tell us what you're working on and a few pics would always be welcome.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
Hey Bro,
How about a nice introduction? Tell us what you're working on and a few pics would always be welcome.
sorry about that I'M working on a 1986 Monte SS and I'm trying to put disc brake on the rear i will take some pic tomorrow but if you could help me out it would great good looking out.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
I have rotors i just can’t find the backing plate anchor brackets for the brakes calipers I need everything but the rotors let me know if you can help me out thank you.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
How much clearance is there between the caliper and the frame? I've looked at this on 10 bolt axles with a square flange and could not get the caliper to clear anything without alot of work because of the tall rotor. Can you get a shot of the clearance? What do you have to have to get the parking brake cables to function?

Any idea on the dollars invested?

Thanks in advance.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
Looks like a nice set up.
Question: is there provision for the parking brake / cable on the RWD Blazer Brake set up?
How do I make the parking brake/cable work because I might have to put the calipers faceing the front buy putting the left on the right and the right on the left

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
How much clearance is there between the caliper and the frame? I've looked at this on 10 bolt axles with a square flange and could not get the caliper to clear anything without alot of work because of the tall rotor. Can you get a shot of the clearance? What do you have to have to get the parking brake cables to function?

Any idea on the dollars invested?

Thanks in advance.
Yes so far around 200 dollars I know that I will have to cut the axles flange and drill out the holes for the bolts I’m just worried about the e-brakes/cable any input will help thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor