MALIBU Rear break lights

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hi happy day. No break lights. 🟥◻️🟥
Been sniffing around the fuse box and other areas. What would cause all lights to work properly but the break lights. 💭
Have not changed any or checked bulbs,
As I’m at a family thing? Thanks

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I just finished chasing a no turn signal in the front of my Vette. Worked fine the other day then it stopped working completely. A new bulb didn't fix the problem, even replaced the lamp socket (splice in the dark on my back). That didn't work either! Finally took out the new bulb and replaced with another new one. Problem fixed!!!!! Talk about chasing wrong rabbit holes!

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
I just finished chasing a no turn signal in the front of my Vette. Worked fine the other day then it stopped working completely. A new bulb didn't fix the problem, even replaced the lamp socket (splice in the dark on my back). That didn't work either! Finally took out the new bulb and replaced with another new one. Problem fixed!!!!! Talk about chasing wrong rabbit holes!
This is why I love the forum. Reminding me to start with the simplest. And yes. New stuff doesn’t work! Ya got get a few. Thanks. Dez.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Left and right blinkers work, hazards do not work in the rear only and no brake lights.
Since the brights in the rear are the same bulb, wiring to the rear and ground. It's probably okay there.

The one place this all comes together is the steering column.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Left and right blinkers work, hazards do not work in the rear only and no brake lights.
Since the brights in the rear are the same bulb, wiring to the rear and ground. It's probably okay there.

The one place this all comes together is the steering column.
Thanks for narrowing the journey!! ✌🏻

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
No one thought fuse sockets corroded excepting for the flashers working "

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor