Rear Carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Are the pre-molded carpets accurate and make good fitment? What is this with mass backing and is it worth upgrading to it?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The mass backing is the only way to go. It makes the carpet more like original and in my opinion makes it fit a lot better.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I just bought carpet for my big truck from ACC and purchased five additional yards. Came in a separate box rolled up nicely. No backing, wasn't cheap but is the same as the molded stuff for the truck. I used two and a half yards for the back wall of the truck and the rest I'm having my carpet buddy match the dash cover I bought that doesn't match the carpet now. He can put that hem/edge on like Jack mentioned. Will do the same thing with the wagon for the rear seat and rear load deck.

I bought jute on eBay and weatherstrip adhesived it to the back of the carpeting for additional sound deadening. Worked bitchin. Sorry, don't have any photos yet. ...
Scott,
Adding additional jute, or sound deadening to the thin carpet is a good idea.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mass backing is absolutely the way to go. I highly recommend it, and the other guys who chose it will agree.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

my1979chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2010
Winchester, Va
I just put in some acc mass backed carpet in my wagon. It is very nice and fit well. It already had additional padding in the factory locations as well. Only downside is it's heavy.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The fit of the ACC mass-backed carpet is exceptional.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor