Rear Defrost not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
I just had to replace my rear windshield, and the rear defrost is acting wierd. The top 2 lines work, and a small spot in the 4th or 5th line down works.

Yes I do have a good ground and I do have power coming to it.
And I do not see any broken spots in any of the lines.

So Is there anyting else to check? Or is this just a case of a bad defrost grid?

Also does anyone out there have a replacement belzel for around the defrost swtich for a blue dash?

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
The defrost in my Regal went bad not long ago. Unlike yours it wouldn't work at all. The switch didn't light up anymore when I turned it on, and it wouldn't actuate the grid. I guess the spring in it went bad? I got a new switch from GM and it works like it should now. It seems like the switch is on a timer too, as it shuts off after a little while on it's own.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
I know my switch is working, the light comes on, and as I said there is power coming to the grid.

I noticed the switch turning it self off, I thought it was going bad, nice to know that it is suposed to do that.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
so is there anyone out there who has had this issue before?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would try checking continuity across the grids that don't work with a volt/ohm meter.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
x2 on that sometimes the bars might have very little breaks in them (especially if the windows been cut out and replaced)

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
No mater were i check it, the reading on the meter are the same ( the conecting strips at either end will read the same no mater which lines are bad, also i have a couple of small spots that work in the middle of the lines.

I dont beleave that there are breaks, I beleave that the grid has just worn out.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I guess I've never seen it but it's not impossible. Everything eventually wears out I guess

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
I have never seen it before either. (And I used to work as an ASE certified mechanic)
But I am just at a loss for whats wrong.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I'll ask around alittle more and see if I can come up with anything for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor