Reason #11- Stop driving up the price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Feel prices have gone bonkers in the past year, based on what I see or at least what people are asking. Project or parts-car quality cars some want 2,500-5,000 for now. Nice drivers 5,000-10,000. Many think they have gold and it’s a domino effect, others see that then put theirs for sale with a dumb price too. Maybe all the free money floating around is causing inflation 🤷‍♂️. Some increase is expected but it feels accelerated too much, too soon.
Prices seem a bit out of line too me to.....but some of these sellers must be getting in the ballpark of their asking price.

Man I sure do miss the days of $2-300 parts cars....and getting a good, clean solid driver for ~$1K. I kind of took it for granted I guess.

The author was dead on about Gen X getting into these cars as they retire......I'm betting we see a nice steady upward movement in gbody selling prices.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Prices seem a bit out of line too me to.....but some of these sellers must be getting in the ballpark of their asking price.

Man I sure do miss the days of $2-300 parts cars....and getting a good, clean solid driver for ~$1K. I kind of took it for granted I guess.

The author was dead on about Gen X getting into these cars as they retire......I'm betting we see a nice steady upward movement in gbody selling prices.
To be serious I think you're seeing two things.

ALL cars have gone crazy with inflation. So a driver gbody is worth more just because it's basic transportation. I'd say that's 70% or better of the appreciation.

Then a couple extra thousand is a premium for being cooler than a 350k mile accord or similar s**tbox.

FWIW, I went on carfax for their free value appraisal based on mileage, options, colors, and history. Just put your vin in.

I was bored. Tried it for 3 of the cars - one of each of the mustangs, and a truck. Figure maybe I don't need matching pairs of things same year/color anymore if the price is right.

Wheels be turning. ALL 3 are worth more than I paid for them. The 2014 is $5k more, the 2016 is 11k more, and even the 2002 is 8k more. Thats 'private party, not dealer retail. And all 3 I bought from new car dealerships, the 02 being used at the time.

So there's that.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I wonder what I could get for the wagon? Hmmm...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I was thinking the same thing. Also, weren't there just a tiny handful of "88 El Caminos, making them very rare?
No '88 Elky's. Only the Monte Carlo & Cutlass Supreme had '88 models. All production was done before the end of '87.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
What you need is the 'El Camino' of those OBS models.... The CC short-bed 2500 :cool:
Dammm I miss my 99 crew cab short bed 2500 !!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It must be a myth then that a couple or a few hundred leftovers were assembled with '88 vin/titles
Some states tag office/dmv mightve titled one as an 88 here or there, you never know. Wouldn't be the first time a car from the 80s or older had a title where the year doesn't match the vin decoding...

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I think he did an ls swap. Same car with a big block is worth twice as much :ROFLMAO:
Gonna have to calm down with that big block talk ,I got probably 10-12k in my big block regal I can easily triple double my money besides the fact that sumbitch quick.... Jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor