HELP Reasonable asking price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm gonna tell ya right now, as fellow Regal owner with a Buick 350, don't try and use the Buick 350 as a selling point, no one cares. If it isn't already hacked up with a Chebby 350, no one really gives a damn. Even if it didn't tick, first thing people will do, guaranteed, is rip the Buick out and put a Chevy 350 in. I guess they don't like a lightweight small block v8 that makes big block torque with an easily accessible distributor, or awesome sound. Go figure. The tapping noise could be a broken rocker button, bent rocker (stamped steel rockers), or the front cam bearing has wear and is partially blocking the oil feed hole. On 350s (maybe 455s, and 231s as well) a tell tale sign of oiling issues is driver's side vt noise.

That being said, sounds like you have a very nice roller on your hands. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pull 5k out of it as it is right now. If you still have the T Type/T wheels, that's a selling point if they aren't beat to sh*t and have the center caps. Plus I mean all the suspension mods, an O/D trans with the dual pattern bellhousing, 3.73 posi... yeah. You got a nice setup there... why are you selling it? Bored of it?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm gonna tell ya right now, as fellow Regal owner with a Buick 350, don't try and use the Buick 350 as a selling point, no one cares. If it isn't already hacked up with a Chebby 350, no one really gives a damn. Even if it didn't tick, first thing people will do, guaranteed, is rip the Buick out and put a Chevy 350 in. I guess they don't like a lightweight small block v8 that makes big block torque with an easily accessible distributor, or awesome sound. Go figure. The tapping noise could be a broken rocker button, bent rocker (stamped steel rockers), or the front cam bearing has wear and is partially blocking the oil feed hole. On 350s (maybe 455s, and 231s as well) a tell tale sign of oiling issues is driver's side vt noise.

That being said, sounds like you have a very nice roller on your hands. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pull 5k out of it as it is right now. If you still have the T Type/T wheels, that's a selling point if they aren't beat to sh*t and have the center caps. Plus I mean all the suspension mods, an O/D trans with the dual pattern bellhousing, 3.73 posi... yeah. You got a nice setup there... why are you selling it? Bored of it?

Don't worry; I'm not banking on the engine bringing money by name alone. It's just the engine that's in there.
I can confirm that it isn't a bent rocker or broken button. They're brand new, and as it turns out the old stuff was fine anyway. It's probably the oiling.
I'd be selling it for both personal and financial reasons. And those reasons are getting a bit more pressing. Not to be cryptic but that's all I care to say on the matter right now.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Don't worry; I'm not banking on the engine bringing money by name alone. It's just the engine that's in there.
I can confirm that it isn't a bent rocker or broken button. They're brand new, and as it turns out the old stuff was fine anyway. It's probably the oiling.
I'd be selling it for both personal and financial reasons. And those reasons are getting a bit more pressing. Not to be cryptic but that's all I care to say on the matter right now.
Welp, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Best of luck.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I'd like to own that Regal but it would have to be a Chevy small block. Them Buick engines have oiling issues :p:D:) On a serious note, that is a good price in my opinion. I looked at your location because the price perked my interest. I assumed at first a flat cam. Too far to drive and my wife would KILL me anyway. The 87 grille is my favorite. I did send the info to my cousin who is a Regal guy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe if you tell people it is a current entry in GBOTM you can get a little more for it.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm gonna tell ya right now, as fellow Regal owner with a Buick 350, don't try and use the Buick 350 as a selling point, no one cares. If it isn't already hacked up with a Chebby 350, no one really gives a damn. Even if it didn't tick, first thing people will do, guaranteed, is rip the Buick out and put a Chevy 350 in. I guess they don't like a lightweight small block v8 that makes big block torque with an easily accessible distributor, or awesome sound. Go figure.
:roll:

I agree it's got some good stuff in/on it...but Regals don't seem to bring a lot unless they're black

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Sucks about the engine but that's a deal breaker kind of thing, at least for that kind of cash.

In my eyes I would be buying a nice Regal roller that needs an engine and the money I would offer would reflect that. Too bad it wasn't a simple fix you could sort out and bring in a lot more money for it. Best of luck!

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I should have just left the 307 in it. lol

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor