Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
looking at this kit , looks like the temp switch will be wired to the relay.

would i have to tap factory cable too so i can see the temp in dash?
If you already have a functional temp gauge, then you need to find a spot to install the temp switch for the fans as it is completely separate and turns the fans on/off based on temperature. You can install it in a threaded water port on the heads or intake manifold. Keep in mind there will be a difference in temp between the different locations.

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
If you already have a functional temp gauge, then you need to find a spot to install the temp switch for the fans as it is completely separate and turns the fans on/off based on temperature. You can install it in a threaded water port on the heads or intake manifold. Keep in mind there will be a difference in temp between the different locations.
got it , much appreciated
yea i have functional gauge.

will look for that water port

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I have mine mounted in the intake manifold next to the thermostat. I can see the movement in the thermostat when it opens and closes on my gauge.

Reactions: 2 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
I have mine mounted in the intake manifold next to the thermostat. I can see the movement in the thermostat when it opens and closes on my gauge.
here’s my set up ,
i have a thermostat sensor next to it

i forgot what the green one is

maybe can get rid of temp sensor ? not sure how crucial it is. isn’t it just to prevent the car from starting if overheated? my car has the computer

come across this too:
DEWHEL Aluminum Black Water Temp Meter Temperature Gauge Joint Pipe Radiator Sensor Adaptor Clamps 38mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FY12CW/?tag=gbody-20

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I’m not sure about a thermostat sensor. Mine is all old school stuff. My temp sensor came with my electric fan wiring kit.

1697419180679.jpeg

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I may need to look into the Intrepid fans and perhaps a 4 core radiator. My fans only pull 3500 cfm's for the pair. The 383 gets a little warm out here in AZ at an idle. I'm not diggin' that.

Reactions: 1 user

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
OEM > aftermarket.

Get an adjustable temperature controller with a probe into the coolant. The OFF temperature must be set higher than the thermostat temperature.
i have a 180 thermostat , are u saying to get a probe that turns off at 185? if im reading this correctly

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
here’s my set up ,
i have a thermostat sensor next to it

i forgot what the green one is

maybe can get rid of temp sensor ? not sure how crucial it is. isn’t it just to prevent the car from starting if overheated? my car has the computer

come across this too:
DEWHEL Aluminum Black Water Temp Meter Temperature Gauge Joint Pipe Radiator Sensor Adaptor Clamps 38mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018FY12CW/?tag=gbody-20
I wouldn't "get rid" of anything if your car has a computer and everything is working. Your heads should have provisions if none in the intake front or rear. Is that a 307?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor