Recommendation for a mini starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always run a remote solenoid and on my Monte it is mounted to the heater case near the fender down low but still allowing me access for wiring.
I have a Tilton mini stater which is heat wrapped and I use a solid copper jumper for the starter solenoid that is mounted on the starter down to the power terminal on the starter.
The remote solenoid works great for hot starts and is a convenient power tap so for me having access is more important than hiding it plus it keeps the power cable going to the starter relatively short.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Odd. I have a Summit brand mini starter in mine and have never had an issue like that. I have used this same one on a few different engines/cars over the last 7 years.

84 hennesymonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
would anyone know why my starer bolts on and sits with the gear meshing with the flexplate i know its not suppose to sit like that? what is the problem here my starter came with shims but i dont need them!

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_125034.jpg
    IMG_20180616_125034.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 163

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
would anyone know why my starer bolts on and sits with the gear meshing with the flexplate i know its not suppose to sit like that? what is the problem here my starter came with shims but i dont need them!
New mini starters typically come with a shim kit so you can adjust ring gear engagement.

s-l640.jpg

84 hennesymonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
okay maybe i should try this out first and see if this correct the issue im having! if this does not fix it what would you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor