Removal of AC stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
87GP said:
I guess it depends where you are as far as climate. But here in the hazy, hot , and humid NY, I gotta have A/C.

Ah, I understand now. :lol: It gets hot here in Washington too, but not unbearably so.

that's what is was thinking redcap. I want room for my future plans. I see the non-AC heat boxes around but I like the vents i have now. Can i just get the heat box and use my present vents (I only really need defrosters for the winter).

87GP said:
I guess to each his own...but why?! My g bodies hae ice cold a/c! I wouldn't trade it for anything. My gp has a 305 4v and my elky a 350 4v. Both blocks are the same size and the engine compartment isn't crowded at all. You can get lots of HP from a sbc 350 and still have have a/c.
Unless you're building a drag car I see no reason to not have a/c.
Very true, but that pass. side gets cramped when you run full length headers. Getting to the #8 is a pain in the *ss. I'd almost had to tear the heater box out to pull the header. I just think its a pain, and a waste of space. Not to mention all of the added hardware clutters up the car. Where I live AC isn't necessary.

now that I think about it I've heard of people using summit universal heaters. I think I will do that!

a/c delete

i removed my a/c, the entire unit etc, and fabricated a polished aluminum plate with stainless button head screws to hold it down using the factory holes in the firwall for the original box. there is a company, there site is acdelete.com that has aftermarket boxes to install, so that you can retain your heater and fan supposedly. maybe check it out, hope this helps.

looks pretty good. I might try that, alot better than removing vents and such.

I pulled all the AC crud out of my car, I can take a picture of it for you.
I basically cut the AC part of the box off with a saws all and then made a block off plate out of a thin sheet of aluminum. Looks OKAY.

But I still have heat... and no AC, which is what you are going for.
And I didnt buy a bunch of custom crap.

Word of advice... listen to the other guys... DONT GET RID OF YOUR AC!!
I was the same way.. ohh I wont care.. heat doesnt bother me. Its ugly, a pain in the *ss, its in the way.

NO ITs NOT> You are being rediculous. Keep it all. I made that mistake years and years ago and NOW I regret it. Not then> Matter of fact I will be looking to put AC BACK into my car soon!!! Which is gonna be more of a pain in the *ss and MORE expensive.

But its your car do what you want. If you want pics or something let me know.

ya pics would be kinda nice. I saw a thing on ebay where you take off the old plastic piece and then get rid of the ac stuff then put on theirs. it looks pretty good but it's kinda expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor