Removing terminal from Bulkhead. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I have unplugged my bulkhead connector. Now i am trying to remove one terminal from the plug on the firewall side. I think its to the fuel sender. I know most terminals have a barb that has to be pressed to release it. I usually have good luck with them but I'm on my third day with no luck. I even borrowed my uncles Mac tool terminal kit.So does anyone have an angle of attack?Back side were the wire comes in? The front side where the contact is. The thin edge of the blade or the wide? Maybe there is two barbs? Any way any help would be great. Thanks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you need to remove the 7 mm bolt in the center of the two terminals and remove both terminals at the same time before they will separate.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Most terminals will have a small tab that holds them in the housing. You can use a small screwdriver to depress the tab and pull the terminal out.

3yNrU1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Most terminals will have a small tab that holds them in the housing. You can use a small screwdriver to depress the tab and pull the terminal out.

3yNrU1.jpg
I've removed a few over the years i just haven't had any luck finding this one. I'm kinda hoping some one could tell me the location of the tab. So I can focus on one angle. I've stabbed at it with everything i have. I even cut a piece of coat hanger and smashed flat with a hammer to act like a supper small screwdriver.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I have unplugged my bulkhead connector. Now i am trying to remove one terminal from the plug on the firewall side. I think its to the fuel sender. I know most terminals have a barb that has to be pressed to release it. I usually have good luck with them but I'm on my third day with no luck. I even borrowed my uncles Mac tool terminal kit.So does anyone have an angle of attack?Back side were the wire comes in? The front side where the contact is. The thin edge of the blade or the wide? Maybe there is two barbs? Any way any help would be great. Thanks.

Wow I'm not sure what I was reading when I posted that pic...as you say you knew about the tab. I don't think I've got a harness at the house here to check sorry.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor