removing the security

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereiam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Not sure where to post this. (engine swaps or electrical)
Picked up a 2002 truck motor complete with the computer and all wiring right up to the firewall bulkhead head connector. I have now realized that when I have it in, it wont run because the security system will not accept a different ignition key. The key sends a signal to the computer. Since I didnt need the dash wiring harness I didnt take it. I assume that several of you out there have already ran into this. My thoughts are that I will have to jump some of the wires at the bulkhead connector to by pass the security. Any info would be appreciated and would save me a lot to time sorrting this out. It might be that I will have to reflash the computer to remove the vats

hereiam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Not smart at all with the electical new stuff. Guess I am to old and have never had these challenges. But I have been thinking there must be another way. When you install a remote starter, how does it by past the vats and it allow the car to start? Then I wondered, if I took the cab harness along with the ignition key and switch from another truck wouldnt the ecm learn the new key? I have read that if you can locate the wires involved and insert a resistor then ecm will learn the new resistance and accept it as the new key and switch. I am probably missing something here, and not questioning your knowledge, just thinking out loud

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
be alot easier to just send the ecm to Nelson or the like and have it tuned to turn vats off. Theres probably other stuff you need done aswell plus the performance gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor