Replacing Intake Manifold Gasket???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
yup...there is a bracket on the tube that is mounted with a bolt for the transmission to block...you can push it out of the way without damaging anything or you cant remove the bolt and bend the bracket so it puts the tube in a different location freeing up the area where the tubes are..

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
pontiacgp said:
yup...there is a bracket on the tube that is mounted with a bolt for the transmission to block...you can push it out of the way without damaging anything or you cant remove the bolt and bend the bracket so it puts the tube in a different location freeing up the area where the tubes are..

Thanks man I just pushed the dipstick back and now there's clearance. I feel so stupid lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
don't feel stupid....it's easier and better to ask a question if your not sure about something. I wish the internet was around when I started playing with cars and if I told you some of the stuff I tried you wouldn't be the one feeling stupid.. :mrgreen:

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
So I finished all the things I had to fix the other day and I got her back running with no leaks at all. Thanks to everyone who helped me. I gained alot of knowledge and more confidence to keep trying and learning to do more things with my car. Now back to dissassembling my olds 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor