Replacing Stock suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
so what would you recommend, budget wise?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
2000.malibu.ls said:
so what would you recommend, budget wise?

Any adjustable shocks will work as long as they fit the application. KYB is a good quality brand for budget (you can get two gas adjust shocks for around 70$), I like Koni but have only installed them on ricer cars - they're a bit more expensive.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I adjust mine on by setting the shock half way, then driving it around on a bumpy road to get the feel. I use 25% increments then fine tune, make sure you play with them before installing so you can get the feel of adjusting them.

Edit: (grr :evil:, I don't like computers)
If it feels like the car is hovering over bumps, adjust them to 3/4. If it feels like they're too stiff then loosen them to 1/4. Then try to find a sweet spot where the car handles on the softer side without too much hovering - this saves tire life, you from a jolting ride, and holds the road better than a stiffer setting. It took me a couple hours to find the right spot on mine. It's also a good idea to adjust again a year from when you installed the new springs - after they've settled some.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
hmmm re-reading that it says non-adjustable?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
2000.malibu.ls said:
hmmm re-reading that it says non-adjustable?

You're lookin for fully adjustable springs, I'll try to find some real quick.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
custom442 said:
http://www.jegs.com/i/QA1/122/TC1914P/10002/-1

You're looking for something similar to this, but they're a little pricey. So far I've seen between 250-300$. Sorry those gas adjust ones weren't what I thought - you could just call Eibach to find what spring they recommend, that way you can save some money they just won't be adjustable.

These are the shocks I'll be getting when I do my suspension:
http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cfm?m ... mit=Search

like i said on the eibach site, it says made to work with origional shocks. so im mainly looking to replace the factory shocks. maybe Ill go with the gas-adjust shocks just for the heck of it. They should be good either way.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
2000.malibu.ls said:
like i said on the eibach site, it says made to work with origional shocks. so im mainly looking to replace the factory shocks. maybe Ill go with the gas-adjust shocks just for the heck of it. They should be good either way.

Then the gas adjust should be a good fit, do you have a link or part # for the Eibach's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor