Reproduction Dash Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
The first thing that first stuck out to me was the speakers being buried under the dash. this would mean a complete dash removal to replace or swap speakers. seems like a serious design flaw. The second was how out of place the dash will look with the bulged up speaker openings. something more more flat/level would have looked cleaner. The price also puts it out of the price range to make it worth doing on these cars.
Are these a full true bolt in like the description seems to read on the site?

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
The first thing that first stuck out to me was the speakers being buried under the dash. this would mean a complete dash removal to replace or swap speakers. seems like a serious design flaw. The second was how out of place the dash will look with the bulged up speaker openings. something more more flat/level would have looked cleaner. The price also puts it out of the price range to make it worth doing on these cars.
Are these a full true bolt in like the description seems to read on the site?

The speakers are quite low in the dash, but the top plate is completely
removable making speaker changes pretty quick if they fail. The speaker
openings look much more prominent in the pictures than they actually are.
When you look at the dash from sitting in the vehicle, they aren't nearly as
noticeable. Lastly, prior to us having these dashes, sending your factory
dash out to have it redone was roughly $1600.00, plus shipping. When you
look at those factors, the dash is pretty competitively priced. The black
version of the dash will be getting a small price reduction soon and we will
soon offer a raw unfinished unit at a significantly lower price.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I appreciate that the manufacturer has chimed in on this thread to address any questions. Thank you.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I bought a New Old Stock dash from a Chevy dealer that was going out of business in 2010 For $700 and had to dye it because it was black.
Under the steering column mount cast in the foam it said Uniroyal. I thought that was kind of cool. View attachment 74604
The rear deck spoiler pieces on my brother's 78 Z28 Camaro were molded by Uniroyal. I was surprised.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor