respray & other changes complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
VERY late in sharing as the facelift was completed over a year ago

My Cutlass went to a paint shop in February 2015 and came-out in November 2015, on the exterior did a color change from the original maroon to Arctic White and changed the wheels (anybody want the old ones? 15x8 Ultra Wheels 52-spoke gold/silver bolt-ons)

I've include the "old" pictures to show the difference

thumb0.jpg

thumb1.jpg

thumb2.jpg

thumb3.jpg

thumb4.jpg

thumb1.jpg

thumb3.jpg

thumb2.jpg

thumb4.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
It was; I have my suspicions -- though I haven't confirmed them -- the vinyl top for this particular car was a dealer-installed option.
Previous owner removed it, the gray in the before photos is the primer used in filling-in the holes

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Was it shaped different?

Nope, they have different 1/4 window molding on the outside and usually different rear widow trim, as the top is affixed or glued to it. Slick top cars will have a wider rubber molding around the 1/4 windows to fill the gap where the vinyl top material is tucked around the 1/4 window.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Looks great !!!
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Nope, they have different 1/4 window molding on the outside and usually different rear widow trim, as the top is affixed or glued to it. Slick top cars will have a wider rubber molding around the 1/4 windows to fill the gap where the vinyl top material is tucked around the 1/4 window.
Yep....that was blessing in disguise when i was tearing my cutlass down. It had a vinyl top installed via a dealer, but i shattered the pass 1/4 window by accident while taking it out! Shortly after i learned that the hardtop cars have a different seal around the window. Also learned my cutlass was a factory hardtop car and the factory rear window trim was still on, just covered from the vinyl.
Found a donor 87 in a local yard, cut the roof skin off and got both 1/4 windows without screwing them up. Now my cutlass looks like it did from the factory....hardtop just like i prefer.
20161105_113257.jpg
20161125_170751.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What a night and day difference. The car looks nice and fresh... I also happen to like white cars.;)

• Agree

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
GM code 10 or 11 Arctic or Frost white. I love it. I really dig that you put Cutlass ralley wheels on it!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor