Right Turn signal Gage Light

Frank_C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2020
Hi all - Ok, I have a 1984 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, 231 cu. V-6. My right hand turn signal light has a weird thing going on, which appears to be electrical. So, when I engage the hazards both arrows blink green, with ignition in the off position. When the ignition is turned half-way to accessory, the right turn signal arrow in the gage seems to go out, while the left turn signal arrow continues to flash as normal. When I turn the ignition back to the off position and depress my headlight switch and engage the hazard lights same thing - left arrow is blinking while right arrow is not. When I turn off my headlight switch, and turn on my hazards, both arrows blink green. When I start the car, and engage each turn signal, the left arrow blinks normal and the right arrow blinks but is faint. Any ideas on my next move? Would a bad ground impact the headlight switch and/or ignition switch? Thanks in advance for your help.