Rocket 350: I need Headers and Exhaust Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
Truly, my apologies for not making things any easier for you to decide. Here's some excellent info and a couple of good reads. I'm sure once you really start weeding through all the possibilities, you'll find there really is only 1or 2 choices that will work the best for what will fit your criteria and for what you want out of the car.

Header selection:
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/06/14/headers/

This one is particularly good, especially the part about determining primary tube size for your application:
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/header-basics/

Exhaust system considerations:
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/...-how-to-choose-an-aftermarket-exhaust-system/

Muffler selection:
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/06/29/sound-advice-a-quick-guide-selecting-right-muffler/

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks Brother. I'm going to check it out.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
I have American Racing headers and Pypes exhaust. It has a very unique sound and i get compliments on it all the time. Note, you will need a special Powermaster starter for this to work and the headers are stainless steel and cost like it.

Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I'm restoring a 1979 Cutlass Calais t-top with an Olds Rocket 350, 2004r trans, 2500 stall converter, edlebrock aluminum dual plane intake, edlebrock (chevy) carb 795 cfm, 3.73 posi traction rear-end, etc....
The next step in the process for me is to start looking at exhaust and header options. I don't know much about which systems are best for CLEARANCE, sound, performance, etc. I was hoping that I could get some quality feedback on a nice set-up (headers, exhaust)
I've heard a lot about "Hooker" headers and "Headman" and I'm a bit partial towards magna flow exhaust.....
Any feedback....?
I have long tube headers and dual exhaust with and H pipe and flow master super 44s before the rear axle and love the sound. I don't know what brand the headers are. I can check tomorrow when I get a chance. My motor is a 72 olds 350 with cam, intake, and some head work. I can see about posting a video if you'd like.
I'm going with the same set up. I plan on using 40 series flowmasters. I love that classic sound. I have heard that Olds love the H pipe over X pipe but I suppose that is a matter of opinion.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I went from Flowmaster 40s to Pypes Street Pros and im very happy I did.
I will keep that I mind. Do you have a video? I would love to hear it rumble. I plan on going with Flowmasters 40s, but if the Pypes sound are superior then I have another option.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Dynomax hooker headers NEW! oldsmobile cutlass ect 260-403 engines - $125 (Metro Detroit) hide this posting unhide
< image 1 of 3 >
00g0g_33va8s6t9MV_600x450.jpg

safety tips

I have a brand new set of chrome hooker headers made by dynomax. Fits Oldsmobile 260 to 403 cid engines. Brand new in the box gaskets n hardware included $340 originally asking $125 is a steal!!!! 58629510threethree
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5802341900

posted: 5 days ago

updated: about 7 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Thanks, and even 10 years later, it still looks pretty good. High-flow cats are getting a tad rusty and I wish I would have done the x-pipe but still pretty happy with it. Had the right front wheel and fender off in this pic doing the stupid antenna swap which is why the car looks warped.

View attachment 53099
That a G Force crossmember?
Dynomax hooker headers NEW! oldsmobile cutlass ect 260-403 engines - $125 (Metro Detroit) hide this posting unhide
< image 1 of 3 >
00g0g_33va8s6t9MV_600x450.jpg

safety tips

I have a brand new set of chrome hooker headers made by dynomax. Fits Oldsmobile 260 to 403 cid engines. Brand new in the box gaskets n hardware included $340 originally asking $125 is a steal!!!! 58629510threethree
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5802341900

posted: 5 days ago

updated: about 7 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]
I want 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor