Rust in the trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowrider1984

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2010
I have a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 door and when I look in my trunk I have rust to the left that need's to be cut out and by me looking at the trunk it looks like there are three different sections that make up the trunk and I wanted to know is anybody selling replacement's parts for the trunk?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
if you had the extra cash and wanted to do the work summit racing has a new set of floor pans for cutlasses but i cant recall if they wet as far as the trunk.

Lowrider1984

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2010
84cutlassjuggalo said:
if you had the extra cash and wanted to do the work summit racing has a new set of floor pans for cutlasses but i cant recall if they wet as far as the trunk.

Ok I will check it out but here are some pics of the rust in my trunk

Attachments

• rust 1.jpg
    rust 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,892
  • rust 2.jpg
    rust 2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,873
  • rust 3.jpg
    rust 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,877

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
ohk just by the sides n the side turn signal, every trunk on the cutlasses go bad there. Id say you're better off cutting some sheet metal out and just doing a good weld job to it because it doesn't seem to be too much rust compared to ones i've seen

Lowrider1984

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2010
84cutlassjuggalo said:
ohk just by the sides n the side turn signal, every trunk on the cutlasses go bad there. Id say you're better off cutting some sheet metal out and just doing a good weld job to it because it doesn't seem to be too much rust compared to ones i've seen

That's what I thought about doing too, but what kind of welder would you use to weld the new piece of metal on?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
to be honist i couldnt tell ya but ill search around and give ya a heads up somethin makes me want to say mig but i know im probably wrong because welding's not my fortay......neather is that kia

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
A MIG welder would be fine.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
sweet my subconcious was right haha.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
MIG is the way. I keep an old hood or 2 around just to cut patch panels out of. That way you get the same gauge as the rest of the car. I use cardboard to make a mock-up patch, then cut it out of the hood. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor