BUILD THREAD Rustier then I thought!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't let your girlfriend know that your tubing is small compared to your friends😉. Frame looks good so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Don't let your girlfriend know that your tubing is small compared to your friends😉. Frame looks good so far.
Thanks but I went with the bigger tubing. Same size. So its now up to who wields it better.
I used the kbs on my grand national frame also and was pretty happy with it
Yea the only thing ill say is I wish I woulda sprayed it. I don't know why I didn't, but it was a mistake.It looks good but it took about 3 hrs. It adhered to tight surface rust and metal alike.I got some on my forearm(it wont come off) and I found a few spots that have tiny bubbles. I assume its trapped solvents from either brushing over skinned over paint or it pooling too thick(either way operator error) I hope it didn't affect adhesion. I couldn't pop or scrape away the bubbles so hopefully its ok. I saved about 400$ vs sandblasting/epoxy primer but put about 10 hrs into stripping/painting. Only time will tell if its worth it.

Reactions: 6 users

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Thanks but I went with the bigger tubing. Same size. So its now up to who wields it better.

Yea the only thing ill say is I wish I woulda sprayed it. I don't know why I didn't, but it was a mistake.It looks good but it took about 3 hrs. It adhered to tight surface rust and metal alike.I got some on my forearm(it wont come off) and I found a few spots that have tiny bubbles. I assume its trapped solvents from either brushing over skinned over paint or it pooling too thick(either way operator error) I hope it didn't affect adhesion. I couldn't pop or scrape away the bubbles so hopefully its ok. I saved about 400$ vs sandblasting/epoxy primer but put about 10 hrs into stripping/painting. Only time will tell if its worth it.
Same here I wish I would’ve sprayed it

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Digging it.

• Agree

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
looks good.
Digging it.
Thanks fellas

I had some more decent weather this weekend. So I scuffed the frame with red scotchbrite and sprayed it with rustoleum flat black.
20201122_130716.jpg

I put ospho on all the bare metal that wont get painted til spring. It should keep it from rusting. I also started on what will be my biggest winter project.
20201122_130735.jpg
20201123_222511.jpg

Does anyone know if ill need to get a different master cylinder for the rear disc conversion? Do both prop valves need changed too? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 4 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Looking good!

If your MC is functioning properly, it will be fine for most rear disc conversions. The prop valve needs to be changed out though

Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Looking good!

If your MC is functioning properly, it will be fine for most rear disc conversions. The prop valve needs to be changed out though
Thanks.The brakes were fine before teardown. Id like to use the original MC unless there's a reasonable swap to be done.
I changed both plus my booster
What MC/booster did you use? Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor