sbc tpi swap with vortec heads! into 87 cutlass formerly 307

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_tizzle_84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2009
maple shade new jersey
gonna use this to track the progess of my sbc tpi swap in my 87 cutlass . please do no bash me for my engine selection. just need facts not opinions. thank you keep up for pics let me know if you need 307 olds parts
motor.jpg

Re: sbc swap into 87 cutlass

You will need the mounts from a monte with a smallblock. Part number 2292 at advance auto.

Re: sbc swap into 87 cutlass

thanks for the quick response

If you need engine mounts, go to AutoZone. I think they have the poly ones in stock. Here's a link to Summit for whar they look like and the part number. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-1116R/

See my signature...been there, doing that again. TPI g-bodies are fun, especially with a manual transmission!

yeah thats them hope exhaust shop can get them hooked up. if not guess ill be buying something else.

those headers will work fine and they tuck up really well, you have to wrap the drivers side under the oil pan and route both tubes down the passenger side in the factory exhaust location then split in front of the axle. i have that setup for on my 442 and i took the exhuast off my regal with air ride and it never bottomed out even with the frame rails inches from the ground. also saves you from needing a custom transmission deal. i think i paid 300 for my exhuast to be ran with flowmaster 40s on it. i would do it again but i got some headman long tubes for the regal.

do you have any pics of the way your exhaust is ran may be big help in getting it ran. this may help the whole keeping the column shift that way.

I tried those "shorty" headers and they are where they belong..in the garbage....if you look at the photo of the drivers side you almost have to bend the pipe 90 degrees to get it to travel in that opening in front of the pan..and then you have to oval that pipe so it will fit in that opening.......instead I installed some full length Hedmans with a ball and socket collector and they are made to give alot of ground clearance

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hedman/500/68608/10002/-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor