Sean's 78 Camaro Z28

Should we leave the wheels grey or paint them body color?

• Leave grey

• Paint blue to match the body car, the way the car was when new

Results are only viewable after voting.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sean just doesn't get many opportunities to get the car out. Recently, he took his wife out to dinner to a fancy restaurant and he took her in the car. His daughter's (my niece's) boyfriend works as valet for a cluster of three fancy restaurants, one of which was the one they went to. He (the boyfriend) set up my brother with the prestige spot in front of the restaurants. Sean parked it. He said the Vette was parked behind it later....
IMG_20231222_120458.jpg

I like seeing him enjoy his car and I like that our build got the place of honor. This was last Saturday night. Last Wednesday, Sean did some maintenance on the car. He changed the oil and greased the front end. While under there, he discovered that the sway bar end links had failed at the lower control arm on both sides. I don't know if this is a part failure or if I overtightened them when they were initially installed. I was at work when he made this discovery, but I quickly got him some leads on a replacement set and he got them installed......

IMG_20231220_132433.jpg

IMG_20231220_132330.jpg

IMG_20231220_132349.jpg

IMG_20231220_132406.jpg

And fixed....

IMG_20231220_132436.jpg

Yesterday he washed the car, vacuumed the interior and cleaned all of the glass. It's good to see the car get some attention and to see him enjoy it. Now we just need to find some places for him to drive it!

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
This car is still my childhood dream. Every update makes me smile.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
This car is still my childhood dream. Every update makes me smile.
Building this particular car this way was my brother's dream. I wouldn't trade helping him accomplish it for anything. So many good times with him and some of my best work

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor