Sean's 78 Camaro Z28

Should we leave the wheels grey or paint them body color?

• Leave grey

• Paint blue to match the body car, the way the car was when new

Results are only viewable after voting.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sunday morning I cleaned up the truck and drove out to the storage to get the Roadmaster out of jail for a few days. On the way home I spotted this. I figured this was as good a place to post it as any....

20220605_113749_copy_2000x1500.jpg

20220605_113826_copy_2000x1500.jpg

20220605_113830_copy_2000x1500.jpg

No, not Sean's car. I do think it was a 78 but with it not being a Z, it's a little hard to tell. I'm pretty sure he still had the TH350 in the car because he wasn't getting down the road very fast. I thought it was a pretty odd choice for pulling a jet ski but it's great to see another survivor out there being enjoyed.

No real updates on Sean's car. All good. Routine maintenance coming soon. We just have an overabundance of projects. That's it for now friends.

Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
Sunday morning I cleaned up the truck and drove out to the storage to get the Roadmaster out of jail for a few days. On the way home I spotted this. I figured this was as good a place to post it as any....

View attachment 200030

View attachment 200031

View attachment 200032

No, not Sean's car. I do think it was a 78 but with it not being a Z, it's a little hard to tell. I'm pretty sure he still had the TH350 in the car because he wasn't getting down the road very fast. I thought it was a pretty odd choice for pulling a jet ski but it's great to see another survivor out there being enjoyed.

No real updates on Sean's car. All good. Routine maintenance coming soon. We just have an overabundance of projects. That's it for now friends.
The not going fast was probably because the owner was overloaded and knew it.

Can't speak offhand to a 78 even though I used to own a 78z as well, but, I know earlier 70s camaros maxed out at 1000lb towing due to the unibody not having any dedicated rails built in to distribute towing weight. It was just stress into the rear sheetmetal, gm knew it, and slapped a super low gcwr on there.

Seadoo weighs in 600-1000# without a trailer. Then add the weight of that trailer in there.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sean took the car to get inspected this morning. He sent me a text from the inspection place....

Screenshot_20220716-130725_Messages.jpg

I love to see him enjoying the car. A bigger version of the pic....

IMG_20220716_130338.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor