HELP Seeking Info For Ignition Coil Wiring Harness Repair Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
View attachment 85460 If it’s just the clip is broke, just go to the junkyard and get the clip off any GM 80’s car,van,or truck. You can simply slide the end of a paper clip and release the wire out of the clip. Just rebend the tab on your wire when reinserting.
Timo22

Thanks very much guy, like it, like it a lot. I forgot that aspect. This is the route I'll take. Would you know if I can purchase a new pigtail (right size) at auto parts?

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
Thanks very much guys for all the input provided. It is very much appreciated.
*The best reply was from Timo22 in using another pigtail by insertion. I was unaware of the spade on the end. Again, laziness overcomes me.

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
if you choose to splice the wires these non insulated butt connectors with shrink tubing make a neater and better splice than the insulated butt connectors

QCK_166180-2010.jpg
Thanks very much. I'm not a fan of barrel, spade, or any other connectors. They do work but I was looking for an original repair as specified by Timo22.

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
Thanks very much, it is certainly welcome. However, I could not possibly allow you, or put you through the trouble. I would be embarrassed if I accepted that offer. The pigtail is most inexpensive. I believe the (2) pigtails inserted in the cap are two different pigtails. I tried switching them but they're different. Would any parts store carry the right size if I brought the old one in? Thanks again

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
ok02lk.jpg

Picture denoting the area (White Arrows). Upon performing the tune-up, I forgot to attach the ground and the car still ran fine. However, I did insert the 'Ground' (IGN MODULE) after finding it on the garage floor. Any input here as to how the car ran without the ground?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks very much, it is certainly welcome. However, I could not possibly allow you, or put you through the trouble. I would be embarrassed if I accepted that offer. The pigtail is most inexpensive. I believe the (2) pigtails inserted in the cap are two different pigtails. I tried switching them but they're different. Would any parts store carry the right size if I brought the old one in? Thanks again

don't shy to accept, there is a bunch of us who like to help and don't expect anything in return...you'll have a chance to return the favor when you can help out someone on the forum

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
don't shy to accept, there is a bunch of us who like to help and don't expect anything in return...you'll have a chance to return the favor when you can help out someone on the forum

It is very much appreciated but I simply cannot accept the offer. The car is running top notch. Maybe, when the weather gets a little warmer I may take a look at it > 'Again, simply too lazy'. I have to maintain two cars which is a bother at times. I really do not to perform any top end work any longer, even though I just tuned up the Olds'. It may be age or just a discourse to move away from things that many not care about. The car guys are a dying breed in a sense, and not any have any ambition (the younger generation) to partake or know about classics. They all seem to be infatuated with those i-phones and protesting every single thing that brings attention to them.

Irrespective of the above, the offer is most appreciated. In terms of helping others; "is doubtful". Each believe they are a god unto themselves, knowing everything, while not any know anything. Many receive their information via google or search and try to display themselves as experts, some even stating they have degrees in every field. I do not place any credence into a great many posts for I know they're speaking foolishly. Keeping the faith is the most important thing which many have bypassed, for their highminded ways have engulfed their souls, Thanks again. Happy Easter.

* Relating to the aforesaid: Case in Point: 'Fact" > Had this conversation with the service manager for some time. He said, 'When people come in to buy a car, they wish to know what it has for a radio. They could care less of technical specifications or even the motor. The generation of today, 'now'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor