selling my regal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo regal relm

your in a tough spot. Its a really clean car, but $5k is def entering turbo regal/GN territory. Actually for $5k you could get a pretty fair shaped turbo regal, wont be a nice as the one your selling but the value will increase and it will be about 4x faster.

If it had a 350 or larger you could get near what you want. When I bought mine I got one with the 350/350th swap already in it, just have to fix a few nuiances like front springs and shifter. Yours is very clean but I wouldn't be surprised if you got near $4k for it. Check craigslist and see what they are going for. Mine also needs some body work. Few dents, needs paint and new vinyl roof. But then again got it for around $1k and think I paid too much.

Nice car. Is 5k to much to ask? That depends. What did it look like before the new paint? And you might have better luck if you'll sell it without the stereo. But if I had 5k laying around and was looking for a nice Regal, I would be interested. I bet the lowrider guys would like it a lot too.

I would have to go out on a limb and say you probably won't be able to get $5G for it. It's not that it's not worth it necessarily, it's just that people are able to get cars with more mods for less than that. I would ask that you just keep the car and hang onto it. A car that nice isn't worth dumping for a lil change.

I bought my car for just a little more than you're asking, and it has a ton more money/mods into it. Is your car fuel injected? How does the remote start work, I thought it had a carb

HurstOlds said:
I would have to go out on a limb and say you probably won't be able to get $5G for it. It's not that it's not worth it necessarily, it's just that people are able to get cars with more mods for less than that. I would ask that you just keep the car and hang onto it. A car that nice isn't worth dumping for a lil change.

I bought my car for just a little more than you're asking, and it has a ton more money/mods into it. Is your car fuel injected? How does the remote start work, I thought it had a carb
thanks for the feedback first off.but some folks dont care about mods some folks are just looking for a good running clean car with low miles on it but your right i changed my mind im keeping the car i just bought a truck and still kept my regal.also yes it has a carb. in the summer it will crank right up with the remote start but when its cold i just pump the gas when i get out the car that night to leave a lil gas in the carb so in the morning it cranks right up.btw how clean is your car did you buy it for its speed or because of how clean it was inside out just asking 😀

Blake442 said:
With todays market, you'd be lucky to get $3000 for it. $2500 is probably more realistic.

Still a very nice car... Might as well keep it. 8)
lol thanks blake but out here in atl $2500.00 cutlass,regal or monte these guys love g-bodies just depends on where u live i sold my 86 cutlass for $5500 i will post pics of my cutlass i had. it had a chevy 350 in it but the going rate for really clean g-bodies in atl or about $3500-$5500 not tring to be cocky or anything but i know what i can get for it out here i just had someone offer me $4000 for it yesterday.but i will keep it i bought my truck already i will be getting a 455 this summer for the regal 😀 its amazing how much more these guys pay for g-bodies with A/C and wet paint!!

That car looks just like mine except mine is light blue metallic, and mine is not quite in as good of shape. It doesn't run very good either. But if you look at it in the right light it looks like a new car. It was $700 with 73,000 miles almost 4 years ago, but it was only that cheap because the car was given to the guy I bought it from because the original owner owed him for that exact amount and ended up dying without paying the debt. Plus, despite having almost no body rust, it needed new rear frame rails, and the 307 V8 smokes and needs rebuilt. If no one wants to pay $5000 for a clean low mileage car like that, they don't deserve it and won't/don't appreciate it for what it is. It will just get hacked up, beat, and it will end up being parted out when they realize they can't sell it for $10000 when they get tired of it because all the junk they slopped on it isn't anyone else's taste.

And whoever/wherever there are "$5000 turbo Regals" I'd like to know. A GNX just sold for $104,500 in Scottsdale. A GNX is a GNX, but $5000 isn't going to get you much for any turbo regal, and it sure is going to take a lot of money to get it looking and running good again.

kustomkyle said:
That car looks just like mine except mine is light blue metallic, and mine is not quite in as good of shape. It doesn't run very good either. But if you look at it in the right light it looks like a new car. It was $700 with 73,000 miles almost 4 years ago, but it was only that cheap because the car was given to the guy I bought it from because the original owner owed him for that exact amount and ended up dying without paying the debt. Plus, despite having almost no body rust, it needed new rear frame rails, and the 307 V8 smokes and needs rebuilt. If no one wants to pay $5000 for a clean low mileage car like that, they don't deserve it and won't/don't appreciate it for what it is. It will just get hacked up, beat, and it will end up being parted out when they realize they can't sell it for $10000 when they get tired of it because all the junk they slopped on it isn't anyone else's taste.

And whoever/wherever there are "$5000 turbo Regals" I'd like to know. A GNX just sold for $104,500 in Scottsdale. A GNX is a GNX, but $5000 isn't going to get you much for any turbo regal, and it sure is going to take a lot of money to get it looking and running good again.
thanks your right!!but what are you talking about $5000 turbo regal or gnx?

kustomkyle -http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/314127-87-t-3500-obo.html
Definintly not as nice as the car for sale but it def has some upgrades. I have owned 3 turbo buicks, none were as nice as the imaculate car for sale, nor were the miles as low, but the were all sub 13.5 sec cars. if it were me that owned this regal, and i wish it were, i would swap in a LC2 drivetrain from a turbo buick, a 455 or a lsx series drivetrain.

Attachments

• 20140414_125054_resized.jpg
    20140414_125054_resized.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20140414_125038_resized.jpg
    20140414_125038_resized.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor