September G-body of the month! (CUV's Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
According to some references on the web, the El Camino and Caballero models where considered Coupe Utility Vehicles (CUV's.) This month is dedicated to the Truck built on a cars platform.

Any El Camino or Caballero is qualified to enter...would really like to see some Royal Knight and Diablo owners if any post up their rides...

You guys know the drill by now...but for the new comers,

Post a brief description and a pic of your ride, the best one will be voted on by the MEMBERS and announced at the end of the month.

-Mike

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
bought this as a fam project a few years back been wanting one since i was 10,,,finally have my dream truck :)
340141_1865156883089_1666029714_1641496_1901713_o1.jpg
039-1.jpg
...is getting new bumper and everything will soon have more picks :) ...
330653_1865046320325_1666029714_1641394_2583136_o.jpg

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
HI beermonkey here with my ride. its a 1978 el camino i bought in '07. ive wanted an elky since i was 5 years old when i first saw it. when i bought it, being a young and stupid me, i believed everything the guy told me. like it was supposed to be a 350 sbc out of a suburban with th350 trans. turns out it was a 307 sbc but he was right about the th350 trans. so it drove and ran for a few weeks and then it started to run like poop and then began the rebuilding process, rearend, heads, carb, pushrods, rockers, headers, alternader, dizzy, steering, and finnally suspention and trans. theres still a bunch of work to do and some more power to be had but right now i got it running and driving and legal for the first time in a long time. if ya dont know about what ive been doing you can read the 30 pages by clicking on the link in my sig. NOW FOR PICS!
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

well thats what i started with
and heres some progress:
l.jpg
new rear
l.jpg
modded sending unit
l.jpg
headlights
l.jpg
exhaust
l.jpg
suspention x2
l.jpg
double hump x member x2
l.jpg
dreaming
l.jpg
lots of parts
l.jpg
building the engine
l.jpg
on the side of the road
l.jpg
rebuilding the trans by my self
l.jpg
decoding the body tag
l.jpg
and the trans valve body
l.jpg
blowing up my th350
l.jpg
new rear springs
l.jpg
glass hood
l.jpg
new shifter

and now im sitting here at werk waiting to drive it home. thre are still a few kinks here and there but nothing too bad. i just gotta enjoy it now. i would have had alot more pics but my camera broke. whoops. ill have pics soon enough tho. this trar has been my favorite thing to work on, it inspired me to quit smoking so i can afford to buy parts and tools so i can fix it and add to it. i know there is ALOT more that jneeds to be done but thats for another time. if anyone asked me to sell it i would let it go right now as is for 5k. i know no one would ever buy my elky for 5k and thats the plan.
for next year i plan on painting it with bedliner and installing a new wireing harnis, and eventually valve train. after that itll be new floors and seats and carpet and painting the interior to match. after that who knows... but we'll see‼ 8)

gpguy

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2008
5 year project so far..never done

Attachments

• carz 006.jpg
    carz 006.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,271
  • Picture_482.jpg
    Picture_482.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,297
  • more 001.jpg
    more 001.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 3,298

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Nice Rides everyone, Houndin, im looking foward to those new pics, beer nice progress on the truck, its coming along nicely...and gp, i love the color of that SS

Looking for a lot more submission

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
:bump: :x

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
So far i think beermonkey is gonna get my vote, because i love the project and all the progress he's made. Also, this is kinda a dumb question, but isnt the Ford Ranchero also a CUV?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
dream on mcss said:
Also, this is kinda a dumb question, but isnt the Ford Ranchero also a CUV?
Shhhhhh! We dont speak of "them" types around here :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor