SERVER MOVE DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
thx everyone. I do notice one problem, it looks like the server doesn't like uploading large attachments. I have to be someplace else ATM but when I get back I'll figure that one out.

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK, I *think* I fixed the upload size issue. Should be able to handle larger files like its supposed to. If anyone still has trouble please post in here. Likewise if you notice anything else.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks GP403, the site sure loads alot faster...:)

now maybe you can do something with the slow server I get when I go to lunch...:whistle:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
been getting reports that e-mail is getting flagged as spam. unfortunately that's unavoidable. At least its getting delivered (so far that I can tell) which is better than usual!! Just un-flag them as spam if you can and move them to your inbox, eventually the IP's reputation will build back up. wish there was an easy fix for that.

Also, keep an eye out for the new breed of spammers. They've been signing up and trying to inflitrate with seemingly normal usernames and chitty chat messages "oh I'm new here tee hee" and crap, but their IP's range from Vietnam to Singapore. Just a hunch but I don't think there are a lot of G-Bodies in either place.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
may see a few hiccups here and there as I try and tune the settings. Just like working on the car. Some stuff doesn't work lol.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Seems like I'm still getting the "file too large" issue.
Screenshot_20180710-203918.png

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
hm. testing a fix for that now. that shouldn't be happening. how big was the file you were trying to upload, if you know?

[EDIT] I just uploaded a 12MB image into a thread in the test forum. It may have hit the limit for your user group within the forum. without knowing how large it actually was I can't say. I didn't see any errors in the server logs, which usually happens, so I'm wondering if that isn't the case.

If there are phones/cameras that are pushing the limits of what the site is set at, then I guess I need to change the limits. Wouldn't be the first time!

Last edited:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
.....and predictably AT&T (which also includes a load of e-mail addresses like sbcglobal, bellsouth, etc.) started blocking e-mails from the server. So has apple. That's just the start. Sooooo.... if you're not getting e-mails, just wait this out. I hate this crap. Every. Single. Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor