SLAP A G-BODY OWNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
pontiacgp said:
oh oh, rubbing salt on a an open wound Qdub24?.... :)

I stand up for my big rim riding comrades. We get stereotyped and disrespected on a regular basis.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I think its dumb and a waist of money and a good car . But not my money not my car so not my choice . I just point and laugh and keep on driving .

I don't believe ur story either by the way and think its highly fictional . But just my opinion , also like ur car think the flames are played out . But again not my car or money so not my choice .

Nov 4, 2012
I'm reassured by this thread of society's maturity these days... :roll:

The only real issue I have with big wheels is that they put unnecessary stress on the suspension, frame and body of the car that the car was not meant to handle. If someone further down the line wanted to return that car to stock configuration, they would be wasting their time because the stress added by the big wheels weakened the body, frame and suspension permanently.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
joesregalproject said:
The only real issue I have with big wheels is that they put unnecessary stress on the suspension, frame and body of the car that the car was not meant to handle. If someone further down the line wanted to return that car to stock configuration, they would be wasting their time because the stress added by the big wheels weakened the body, frame and suspension permanently.

So do the high horsepower motors that people swap into these cars on a pretty regular basis. In pure stock form, these cars weren't built to handle that kind of power. That's why you should also do the supporting modifications for whatever you change/customize.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Qdub24 said:
pontiacgp said:
oh oh, rubbing salt on a an open wound Qdub24?.... :)

I stand up for my big rim riding comrades. We get stereotyped and disrespected on a regular basis.

I know you do, I don't like the big wheels and I know you are aware of it but it's your car and you can do as you wish, the only thing is to keep it safe. But if I meet you at dunkin donuts I'll buy you a coffee and try to talk some sense into you.... :D

Nov 4, 2012
Qdub24 said:
joesregalproject said:

So do the high horsepower motors that people swap into these cars on a pretty regular basis. In pure stock form, these cars weren't built to handle that kind of power. That's why you should also do the supporting modifications for whatever you change/customize.

Realistically, how many people when the build donks, actually go and reinforce the bodies of the car? More likely, they go and slap their giant wheels on it, and put some ridiculous paint scheme and interior to match in it, and think they are done. People who are building high-performance engines that go into race-only Gs are a bit more likely to go back and put in a roll cage and box the frame, etc. because they are probably less concerned about looks and more concerned about having a fast, rigid race car that will hold up. My opinion anyways.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I'll pass on the coffee, but I do like the glazed chocolate cake donuts. My dad tried talking me out of rims over a decade ago. Guess who's riding on 22s now at age 50 though? Wait until I talk him into putting 22s on this:

1467314_10100134974612096_892565998_n.jpg

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
joesregalproject said:
Realistically, how many people when the build donks, actually go and reinforce the bodies of the car? More likely, they go and slap their giant wheels on it, and put some ridiculous paint scheme and interior to match in it, and think they are done. People who are building high-performance engines that go into race-only Gs are a bit more likely to go back and put in a roll cage and box the frame, etc. because they are probably less concerned about looks and more concerned about having a fast, rigid race car that will hold up. My opinion anyways.

The people who build Donks (71-76 Caprices/Impalas) usually go all out because those cars are the holy grail for big rim riders. Look up some the real Donk builds on Youtube. Guys are sparing no expense on Donks these days. Guys with G-bodies, not so much because they know G-bodies generally don't have a very high resale value, unless it's a GN, Aerocoupe MCSS, or GP 2+2. A lot of the cars on rims nowadays are street/strip cars that somebody got tired of and sold to someone who happens to like big rims. So a lot the supporting modifications are already done. Maybe that only occurs on a regular basis in the south. My friends go to the dragstrip to shop for cars.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
DaBlueMontRidah said:
Hey just a thought, it's called customizing. Also we all don't have the same looking girlfriend do we. No and we don't want to. Oh yeah whomever said those "red neck flames" look good told a Damn lie. Just my GHETTO OPINION. PEACE.
i dont like the flames either, i just purchased this car and it came with this paint scheme... and i am all for customizing, i just think purposely weakening the entire vehicle to look cool, just aint smart... i know quite a few people with 24's on g-bodies, and none have done ANYTHING to try n help strengthen their vehicles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor