some interior updates on my 1978 monte carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2007
Thought I'd share some pics of my interior It's been pretty time consuming hunting down factory black stuff with no fading,gouges,or dryrot But It's been alot of fun and I'm very pleased with how it's turning out.

Here's a couple pics from when I bought the car..
IM006779.jpg

IM006780.jpg

And after.... I still need to do the seats but everything else has been replaced from the carpet to the headliner. Know I just need to give the inside a good cleaning. Thanks for looking :D

ffffffffff.jpg

GEDC0147.jpg

GEDC0148.jpg

GEDC0161.jpg

78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2007
Tony_SS said:
Hey that looks like mine!!

What did you do with your wiper switch?

Looks good btw!

Thanks Tony :D

For the wiper switch I made a bracket and relocated here's a couple pics. The switch was just moved to the right of the headlight switch.

[
ppo.jpg
]
[
GEDC0167.jpg
]
[
GEDC0168.jpg
][/img]

78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2007
I didn't take any pics of the bracket before putting it back together But I'll be getting in thier soon to upgrade my led dash bulbs to some 6 led's per light instead of singles and will take some pics for you. as for the hole I just cut it out with a dremel tool.

I'll post a couple pics of the dash lit up at night too..looks pretty cool with blue bulbs.

78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2007
Here's the guages at night. I also put a blue led in the heater control switches and have a sony cd player with a full blue light display looks cool at night but the batteries pooped out after taking the pic of the guages I'll get one up of the full dash at night when I get some batteries. But here's this one for now.

ju.jpg
[/img]

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
That looks great. What kind of gauges did you use or are those aftermarket faces on the factory gauges?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
78monte said:
I didn't take any pics of the bracket before putting it back together But I'll be getting in thier soon to upgrade my led dash bulbs to some 6 led's per light instead of singles and will take some pics for you. as for the hole I just cut it out with a dremel tool.

I'll post a couple pics of the dash lit up at night too..looks pretty cool with blue bulbs.

If you could post up pics of that bracket I'd really appreciate it.

The blue lights look good too.

78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2007
Thanks guys,

Tony I'll get you some pics soon.

jerrycad472 the guages are stock with white face overlays from dixie monte marlo they were 20 something dollars. there are some different ones on ebay but dixie's are much better quality imo.

86MonteLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2008
Lima, OH
nice interior.. the white gauges go good with the black interior. i looked at the same ones i'm guessing on dixie monte carlo but i had no idea they would look that good. nice ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor