Space City 1982 GP Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jared,
I think everyone has said it all...need I say anymore? You're really making up for lost time with the window of opportunity that you were given. And again, I'm so glad that you got over your health hurdle and able to get back on your car.
Having the support from Dad and Sean is priceless. You guys make a great team.

It's great to see that beautiful engine in the engine bay where it belongs. It's just a matter of time we'll be seeing you driving the car on it's maiden voyage.
Keep on keeping on, my friend. Everything is looking impeccable.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
So I skip checking the forum a couple of days, and bam! You are making me look bad, bud! Everything looks great. But how did you get that seat out in that limited area? That must have been a trick! Glad to see you pressing forward.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Carpets look real clean. As much as I like the pillow top I much prefer the GP buckets and console. Pontiac always seemed to be the "sportiest" setup of all the gbody interiors and the easiest to re-configure to aftermarket needs. Or were your thoughts to run buckets and no console ?

The carpet looks pretty nice under the where the front seat was and in the back floorboards. It's not that great in the front floorboards. It looks like it didn't have floor mats for a good amount of time. It might clean up but I am going to replace it with black carpet. I already bought it from ACC. I have to move the shifter back so I there is a big hole in the existing carpet that doesn't need to be there. Besides, as I stated towards the beginning of this thread, I don't care for the burgundy interior and think a black interior will complement the red exterior much better. I'm not sure when I'll put the carpet in.

I do intend to run some sort of console but am undecided so far on what I'll run. I have the original console (automatic) out of my brother's 78 Camaro that I can set in there for fun. That type of console looks great in Bonnewagon's car and in 565bbc's car. I want at least one cup holder and I don't like to sit on my wallet so I need a place to put my wallet and my phone when I'm driving.

Jared,
I think everyone has said it all...need I say anymore? You're really making up for lost time with the window of opportunity that you were given. And again, I'm so glad that you got over your health hurdle and able to get back on your car.
Having the support from Dad and Sean is priceless. You guys make a great team.

It's great to see that beautiful engine in the engine bay where it belongs. It's just a matter of time we'll be seeing you driving the car on it's maiden voyage.
Keep on keeping on, my friend. Everything is looking impeccable.

Thanks Jack. It was great having both Dad and Sean over there helping. I'm hoping to have the car on the road this spring and maybe enjoy it over the summer and then blow the interior apart over the winter. We'll see. As always, thanks for the kind words.

So I skip checking the forum a couple of days, and bam! You are making me look bad, bud! Everything looks great. But how did you get that seat out in that limited area? That must have been a trick! Glad to see you pressing forward.

Ken,

It's good to have you back. Thanks for the kind words. It wasn't a big deal getting the seat out. It's a split bench so it is actually two seats. I have the car on wheel dollies right now so I just shoved the car over to the passenger side and unloaded the seats one at a time. It just took some care not to scratch the door jamb up coming out with them. Thanks for tuning in.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Small update. I've been on a waiting list for a larger storage unit for almost a year. The day before yesterday I got the call that one was finally available. It is a 14'x40' unit. The two I have now are 10'x25' (with the car in it) and 5'x10' (with all the parts in it). The new unit is best described as cavernous....

20180103_180416.jpg

A little perspective for you.....

20180103_180609.jpg

Last night Sean helped me move out of the 5'x10' unit.....

20180104_190237.jpg

Once I get organized I'll be able to have the car in there as well as my truck if I want. Or maybe a second car....hmmmm.....

Sean is going to help me install the steering shaft on my GP tomorrow morning and we are going to push it over to this unit. We hope to have me moved out of the 10'x25' unit tomorrow and get this unit set up. I'm going to need a ladder to be able to use those shelves someone added on.

Hopefully I have an updated Saturday night with this thing whipped into shape.

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
Putting the truck in there really shows the size. That extra width will be really nice when working around those long doors.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's great news, Jared.
You can never have enough space. Good luck getting everything moved over to your new storage space. The new space is quite a difference in size...wow!! That thing is cavernous.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
That will make working on your car a lot better. I don't know about where you live, but around here you could easily pay for a garage or shed with the amount of rent one that big would cost.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Putting the truck in there really shows the size. That extra width will be really nice when working around those long doors.

Exactly. The whole reason I wanted to move was for the wider bay so I could get those doors open.

That's great news, Jared.
You can never have enough space. Good luck getting everything moved over to your new storage space. The new space is quite a difference in size...wow!! That thing is cavernous.

Thanks Jack!

That will make working on your car a lot better. I don't know about where you live, but around here you could easily pay for a garage or shed with the amount of rent one that big would cost.

Zach, I looked for a long time for a garage or shop building to rent or buy but came up short. As best I can tell, folks don't rent their garages around here.

Good for you Jared. Having the extra space should make it easier to work on your GP.

Thanks Jeff. I've wanted to make this move for a long time.

The GP is coming along great.All that extra space will be a nice change.
And once again thanks for the motivation.

Thanks man. I'm flattered that my project provides motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor