Space City 1982 GP Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What do you know, plenty of room to go buy another one!
Bite your tongue! It is a bigger storage, by at least five feet. There isn't enough room for another car though. I won't be picking up another car until the shop is built and the GP is back together.
Why not haul it with your truck? Just lie about what's going on the trailer. Their algorithm is dumb. In the meantime, is it farther than the old unit?
The new storage is about 30 miles north of my current home. The old storage was just around the corner. At one time, I could work on the car in the old storage. Ownership changed hands and the new owners didn't want me there working on the cars. Since it had turned to storage only, the cars don't have to be that close anymore. The new storage is up close to Lake Conroe. There is quite a bit of RV storage out there so I was able to get a much better deal. Also, the cars are halfway, or better to the new home.
Nice to see that ole girl in the light of day again Jared! Glad to hear you’re keeping the cars and btw, those wheels look great on the GP.
Thanks Donovan. Those are the S10 ZQ8 wheels. I saw them on another member's car here and fell in love with them. The only problem with them is that they are 16" which limits tire selection.
Good for you. Also, a nice middle finger to your former landlord.
I had gotten to the point where I really didn't like those people. When I got the car in September of 2014 and rented the storage, it was a Christian, family owned business. The same lady was the property manager the whole time until the property got bought by a corporate storage company about a year and a half ago. With the old ownership, it was very laid back. Keep you unit neat, don't damage their property or other's property, and they pretty much didn't care. Very nice people. The new ownership sucked. They basically didn't want you on the property. They just wanted your money. They must be terrible to work for. The turnover in the office up front is incredible. The property manage has no idea when corporate mails out a notice that the rent is going up. It's a terrible way to do business. I rented there for nearly 8 years. I never missed a payment. I never caused a problem. They ran me off with their greed. I like the new place much better. Family owned. Laid back.
Glad to hear you made it work out. Be a shame to move on for as far as you've come!
I have mixed feelings on keeping it. It's the right decision, based on emotional attachment. There is not right decision financially. I've already taken a bath storing it. I guess when it's done and I get to enjoy it, that will help me forget the money I wasted renting a storage for it all these years.
As satisfying as that would be to believe, dude probably had a list of people waiting in line to pay what he was asking.
I have no idea. Storage properties all over Harris County are going up, to be sure. On one side of me at the old storage, my neighbor had two units like mine. Had a first gen Camaro in one, a boat in another. He had a lot of building materials in both. He's a custom cabinet builder by trade. I texted him to let him know I moved and encouraged him to not be a stranger. He said they were trying to go up $100 a month on one of his units. He said he was using up the wood and would be moving his boat. Those big 14'x40' units are hard to come by for sure. Still, you get to a point where people won't pay. The property manager seemed unhappy that I was moving out. She had no idea they had gone up on me last August and were going up on me again. I'm glad to be out of that place.

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Bite your tongue! It is a bigger storage, by at least five feet. There isn't enough room for another car though.
Nope! I will not! Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaa!

That is no excuse. Problem solved:
1652572610293.png

:p

Serious note though? Was glad to hear you kept it and are kinda sorted out for a while. It also leaves room for you to stockpile some parts for the build if you hit any great deals.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Glad it's official. Seriously, you're a grown-*ss man and work hard for your money. You've earned this one, maybe frivolous indulgence. Every other move you're making is logical and intentional. I don't think anyone here will fault you for hanging on to it for a few more months until the new house and shop are done. Then, game on!

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor