Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice to see that ole girl in the light of day again Jared! Glad to hear you’re keeping the cars and btw, those wheels look great on the GP.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Good for you. Also, a nice middle finger to your former landlord.

Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Glad to hear you made it work out. Be a shame to move on for as far as you've come!

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hoorah for you Jared. I was hoping you'd find a viable solution. This is by far better news. (y):cool:(y)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No. Finish it.

Don't do this to us Jared! We've seen what you and your family do to cars Jared! I've been waiting a few years for an update on this car and this ain't it Jared!

^^This^^

Your build thread is one of the very few I follow. I'd love to see you guys finish it.

Hell, I'll store it if you get it here.

Not this one too, I have the space but not inside to save it for you

I had the same idea but out of car room currently although if another comes home there would be plenty when the wife leaves.

Hey Jared,
Sorry to hear that you're considering selling your GP. I could understand where you're coming from, although still sad to hear the news. You had such great plans for the car. After all the work in helping your dad and Sean with their projects and being unable to finish your own project. Sometimes we're faced with certain dilemmas in life. It's too bad you didn't have other storage options. Having your own garage would have been ideal, but unfortunately timing isn't on your side at this time. Good luck and best wishes. Hope you continue to stick around.

Jared, I'm really sorry to hear that you're contemplating selling your GP. I'm sorry that circumstances are conspiring against you. I know that you've owned the car for awhile now, and I know that you were looking forward to finishing it up. I looked forward to your updates, as you were quite thorough and meticulous in your work on the car, as you are with everything that you do. I hope that somehow you get a reprieve, and if not, that you can find a good caretaker for the car.

First, I'd like to apologize to everyone for not replying in a more timely manner. Until now, I didn't have a computer at home. I mostly post during lunch at work but have been slammed lately and have been working through lunch instead. I can only type so much on my phone.

I really appreciate everyone who replied and tried to find a way for me to keep the car. As you already know, I am keeping it. I will finish it. It was a very stupid decision (financially) buying it and storing it all this time. It wasn't supposed to work out this way. I thought I was at the right point in my life for a project car but I wasn't. Dad's car and Sean's cars weren't finished when I bought it in late 2014 and I was committed to helping them both finish. There has never been the space for the car at home and the storage seemed like a good compromise at the time. I never should have taken it apart so far. I've made lots of mistakes. Hopefully we can get our shop built in the next year or two and I'll finally have the car I wanted in high school. If I put it back together, I don't think I'll ever sell it.

Reactions: 8 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Why not haul it with your truck? Just lie about what's going on the trailer. Their algorithm is dumb. In the meantime, is it farther than the old unit?
My truck doesn't have a hitch and has a 3800 RPM stall speed converter. Not ideal for towing. We could have used my brother's truck but there was a ton of stuff to move out there. It turned out, we really could have used a bigger truck. All of the stuff that you see in the picture made it out there in that truck in one run. My brother was the loadmaster and he had that thing packed top to bottom, front to back. It worked out. I wasn't really looking forward to dealing with U-Haul but they deserve some credit. I set up everything online. I did the online check-in. Picking the truck up was a breeze. It was a good truck. Drove well and gave no trouble. Returning the the truck was as simple as could be. Pull under and awning, leave the keys in it and drive away. I did a pretty good job estimating the miles. After they checked the truck in, they charged me a little less than $2 for me being ever so slightly above the estimated mileage. It was a good experience. I like those U-Haul car trailers. I like the juice brakes on the tongue.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor