Speaker upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Back in the day you could buy plastic adapters to mount your 6x9 to the bottom of the package tray using the factory clip locations. I used them on my sunbird and the worked great.

Reactions: 1 user

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
That's what I'm going to do. They still sell 4x10 to 6x9 adaptors. From the looks of it retrosound is the only company that makes 8ohm speakers. I also bought rear speaker panels sold by dixiemonte to mount 6.25 speakers. The old ac delco 8 am-fm 8 track I have is 4 channel 45 watts 10 0hm radio outfitted with an aux jack. Very limited with what you can do unless you pay alot for a conversion.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
That's what I'm going to do. They still sell 4x10 to 6x9 adaptors. From the looks of it retrosound is the only company that makes 8ohm speakers. I also bought rear speaker panels sold by dixiemonte to mount 6.25 speakers. The old ac delco 8 am-fm 8 track I have is 4 channel 45 watts 10 0hm radio outfitted with an aux jack. Very limited with what you can do unless you pay alot for a conversion.
I'm not sure you have to worry about the impedence. I think, emphasis on think, that you can add a resistor to up your impedence. I don't remember if it parallel or in series. Resistors are cheap.

That's what I would try anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor