Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
I have a Kenwood 100 watt powered sub "Bazooka Clone" in the back of my El Camino in the smugglers compartment. It sounds great and adds the bass that car so sorly needed.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
I have never owned a Bazooka tube but have heard a bunch of them and I've never heard one that can reproduce sub bass frequencies, IE < 20Hz. All they will do is give you a hugly bloated mid-bass.

Again a nice quality set of 6X9's off of a 35 to 50 watt amp will make enough bass for most people. If it's sub bass you crave then I'm partial to one quality 12" sub over 2 10's or even 2 crappy 12's. For the longest time I had a JL 12W3v.2 in a vented box I made to JL's specs running off of a crappy 150ish watt Kenwood amp and the thing slammed HARD.

I just found out about a company that sells stuff direct to the public, read CHEAP. I haven't heard anything yet but have read a lot of reviews and apparently they make really nice stuff. Check out their website: http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

And I also found some pics of my old setup I was talking about.
radiostaycargo.jpg

And the amp is a ADS PQ10 and it's 40X4 not 35. Little thing is sick.
cutlassrelicsontable.jpg

cutlassspeakers-cutlass.jpg

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I have a set of pioneer 3.5" in the front, and a set of pioneer 4x10's in the back running of of a jvc cd/mp3 deck at 4x50w or something. I also have a Rockford Fosgate 10" sub running off of a 200w orion cobalt amp in the trunk.
I've had bigger and louder systems in other cars I've owned before and I'm pretty happy with the sound out of this. I mean, it's not gonna win any competitions but it does what I want it too. As far as bazooka tubes not producing anything under 20hz... that doesn't really matter, the human ear can't hear that low anyways... you'll feel it though. The bazooka tubes are kinda cheesy though, from what I have experienced. The box with my 10 in it is pretty small and takes up very little trunk space, and the way it's installed it takes about 30 seconds to remove.

Ryan

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
jvc cd/mp3 deck at 4x50w or something.

Those power numbers are grossly overrated. An aftermarket radio put's out something like 6-11 watts RMS. My eclipse deck is considered a very powerful deck and only puts out 13 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor