Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Have you tried flushing the system out? Mabey a good fush with one of those kits that ties into the heater hose and a can of radiator flush would help, provided the rest of the system is good thermostat, fan ect.
Oh yeah I've been down that road several times if you reflect back in the thread 3 thermostats high volume pump high Flo thermostat cured it for a while I think the problem now making it hot is a head gasket that's why the hoses are hard as soon as I start it. I don't really care about that at this point I'm wondering about it acting like it's running out of fuel. Because I don't want to have that problem with the new motor

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got a little more done tonight I'm kinda moving a little slower than usual. I took a 4" DeWalt grinder with a cup wire wheel to the face this morning and I can feel my pulse in my face. But I'm going to live. Anyway I buzzed down the hood and driver's door with 320 on a da. Had to stop because my airline blew. I'll pick up a new one in the morning. The hood and driver's door came out better than I expected them to
IMG_20190726_191339254.jpg
IMG_20190726_191351717_TOP.jpg

I'll paint them in the morning after I pick up a new hose. I've decided to abandoned the passenger door and use the other one that needs the small patch because I was looking it over tonight and seen quite a few things I didn't like. It seemed like it was stamped poorly and when I was doing the body work it seemed tinny shore enough it's a Gordon poorly stamped keystone JUNK and I'm not putting it on my truck.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
What'ed you do to me Bruce?! Bad jue jue hex on my paint work! Lol just kidding well not about the paint work. At 8:00 I ran out and got a new air hose for the truck at horrible freight. There supposed good one is on sale. I'll let you know how good it is. When I got home I changed the hose and took my time on the finish sanding to try making it look good. Blew them off really good and taped them up then I wiped them down and mixed up some base. I knew the panels were a bit on the hot side and convinced myself it would be fine. NOT! I laid down the first coat of base and already started to see problems. Some of my primer edges started to look like.... Sand paper, I rolled the dice and figured it would berry in the next coat and a lot of it did however on the door where someone else had done some work it didn't play out so well.
IMG_20190727_113136100_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190727_113132049_HDR.jpg

In fact edges showed up on the front door that i had primed over. I weighed my options and went for it anyway. Most things cover in my 3 coats of base but the door still didn't look great but I was clearing. What a battle water in the lines and sweat poring off me. I got threw it and the hood did look pritty good. The door not so much. I went for it anyway. Mixed up the last of the eBay clear and went
IMG_20190727_124208993.jpg

You really can't see the problem in the pictures but it looks bad! The hood looked ok. Until after I cleaned my gun. Apparently it was way to hot in the sun and the hole thing solvent popped! Now it looks gray.
IMG_20190727_124219140.jpg

Oh well it's my bad because I know better. I'm not going to sweat it because when it's all done I'm going to paint the entire outside of the truck anyway. At least there green now. As soon as I can corner a neighbor I'll hang that hood

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I took a 4" DeWalt grinder with a cup wire wheel to the face this morning and I can feel my pulse in my face. But I'm going to live.
WHAT?!?😲

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
BTDT. I was using a 4" cutting wheel a bit too long and it fragmented, pulling the tool into my left hand. In a split second the wheel cut through the leather glove and ate through the skin on my finger. The good news is the cow that gave its life plus the callus on my finger took the most of it. Can't even see the scar anymore.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
BTDT. I was using a 4" cutting wheel a bit too long and it fragmented, pulling the tool into my left hand. In a split second the wheel cut through the leather glove and ate through the skin on my finger. The good news is the cow that gave its life plus the callus on my finger took the most of it. Can't even see the scar anymore.
I was lucky bloody nose split lip and the side of my face was slightly swollen and discolored I was leaning over the frame machine using a cup type wire wheel to remove seam sealer and it hooked up an the trunk floor extension and blasted me in the face most of the impact was the head of the grinder but I felt the wheel cross my face. It still hurts but I'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's a work truck; just get it one color. I'm surprised you didn't prep the trailer. Hell, you were mixing paint, anyway. Slacker! :p
I don't have enough to finish the truck I need more and the price went way up! It was $134 a gallon for the base now it's $189 a gallon! And I ran out of the cheap clear today. I'm probably going to paint the blasting rig in single stage acrylic enamel the same color. If it looks good I'll do my car trailer too. I have a little base left to do the other door and I probably have some clear around to get it done but if I order anything right now the wife will kill me. I have smoke coming out of my wallet from that motor.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor