Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Guys I just don't know... I don't know when I can get back at it... Lexie's condition isn't so good. She's been in the hospital 4 day's now and got mover to ICU in a better hospital I'd like to work on something to get my mind off it but the wife needs me around because it doesn't look good at this point
I can't imagine your situation having never quite been there. However, the most important thing in times like these (at least for me) is to place the priority on those things that cannot be done later. If faced with a choice, I ask myself how would I feel if xyz happened, what would I have preferred to do. Is there something I might possibly bring regret over? If so, I try to avoid missing those opportunities, and then try (hard as it is) to make the best of what I can a tually control. In our case, we actually moved 300 miles to make the most of what I could.
How do you fix a child that doesn't want to be fixed?
The answer is, YOU dont. YOU do the best of what you can, with what is within YOUR power. Sounds like you're doing (and have already done) that. Those things are in the hands of others, whether it's treatment providers or those who would be larger than ourselves.

At the end of the day, just do what's within your power, and try your best to make peace with the idea there are things you can't control, while hoping and waiting for the best.

Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my prayers are with you and the family.

• Agree

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Hang in there you will get though it no matter what the outcome. You are a tuff SOB so be tuff! We are here for you!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
2 things I have learned from my almost 50 years on this earth that some people prefer to learn the hard way and sometimes life just sucks !! You just be there when the dust settles is all you can do. Its not your fault, no point in it and nobody to blame. You just need to be there to pick up the pieces and carry on then rebuild once the turbulence is over. Really hoping for the best for you and yours !!

Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If your goal was to blindside us to the same degree you've been blindsided, well, you did it. Hang in there - we're thinking about you and your family.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Eric,

I'm sorry to see and hear that your daughter is struggling. I hope things improve dramatically, quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jared

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm not going to reply to you individually but I think I can cover it in a post. First of all thank you. It's never been easy with Lexi and I often find myself asking God to grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change in the courage and wisdom to change the things that I can. What sucks the most about this is we don't know what happened. There saying it could be several different things like an insect bite E coli or a rat bite. But without word from the lab we have no idea her liver and kidneys are shouting down and she has fluid in her lungs Viva induced coma but her on a breathing machine and yesterday had 2 hours dialysis and 2and 1/2 today and probably 3 tomorrow. She went in to brick hospital Tuesday where she was improperly diagnosed with alcoholic hepatitis of the liver at 17 years old. Wednesday she was transferred to Jersey shore University hospital and put in ICU coma was induced Friday. They will leave her like this for a few more days. She’ll be in there for 10-14 days. But the dialysis is improving her condition but she's not getting better blood count when she's off of it it actually slowly progresses worse between treatments so far.

In other news my amphenol cable came ...I don't think I have time to test it though

Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Geez, Clutch, that's rough. I don't know what to say. Just know that we're all sending positive vibes in our own ways. Stay strong for your ladies, bud.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor