Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It worked when I wired it... What did you do?!

I'd be worried that the engine has water in the oil, or is just built too freaking tight.
I think it has more to do with the batteries that won't charge now. When I changed the starter and jumped it it fired right up and ran perfect. The plow motor was locked up I fixed that but the truck batteries don't have the balls to run the plow.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well that's it day over and I didn't make it out of the driveway. Still can't because one or both of the batteries isn't taking a charge. I left the charger under the hood tonight if there not up in the morning I'll pull them and bring them to the store I got them at for testing. Hopefully I just need one if any.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Back at it today. The batteries came up overnight on a 10amp charge and it's running good again. I pulled the plow and got it on the concrete driveway to do the tires. It wasn't a bumper cover screw it was a square drive lag bolt like campers are put together with.
KIMG0111.JPG

While I have it apart I'm checking for leaks on the inside tire as well because it was down to 40psi
KIMG0110.JPG

Didn't find any leaks in that one so there back on and I'm going to do the other side just in case.
KIMG0112.JPG

I don't think I'm making it to Oldbridge today but at least I'm making some progress on my truck. It's a lot warmer out so I'm going to take full advantage of it. Blast season is just around the corner.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Buy new batteries; you'll be fighting an uphill battle. Oh, and make sure the alternator is putting out 13.7 BARE MINIMUM.
I'd love to but Friday night I came home to this
15830850984149037934722287180434.jpg

Someone went to the new car dealership while I was at work! Because she wanted leather seats...... I just want to get down the dam road safely.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Didn't realize the square bodies didn't have slip on drums like my GMT400 dually. That's a bummer. I probably plugged 6 leaks last year, it was ridiculous. And this year already lost 2 tires.
Yeah there old style Dana full floating the drums are held on with spanner nuts

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I am sorry but, none of that makes any sense!
Easy she traded in her lease early gave them money and got a higher payment without talking to me first. I knew it was coming but I wanted her to wait until the lease was up in July I figured the rig would be up and running well before then and it won't be that big of deal. Now it cuts into the parts budget and makes things a little harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor