Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I took it out for a ride. The brakes still suck but I noticed something. I know the rear brakes barley work because the drums are shot but with the rust on the rotors it didn't have the shake it did until I made a few stops and the pads cleaned the rotors. I know Andy from A@D has a good set of drums more me so I'm going to order some new shoes again good ones this time and a set of rotors and pads then get a real alignment. It seems to be chewing off the outside edge of the right front tire. I'm also thinking I need to do another new hanger bearing.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I drove the crew cab to work today. I gotta say the suburban with that OD is nice now that I'm used to it. But the crew is the work truck. After work I went out to Jackson and picked up my trailer
KIMG0119.JPG
KIMG0120.JPG

Sorry about the dark photos but I think you know what that means... I'm making another attempt at going to get my car!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So what's the plan, bring it down to work?

Here's how I see it. Someone applies for a job, they have to audition working on a part of your car. They do good, next applicant works on the next spot. They do poorly, you strip it and make the next applicant do it over.

Then, you charge supplies you buy as tax deductible because it's used in the interview process.

So your car gets fixed, by someone else, labor free, and, the supplies are written off on the taxes.

Sounds like win win win to me. You just kick back, enjoy a beer, and watch

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So what's the plan, bring it down to work?

Here's how I see it. Someone applies for a job, they have to audition working on a part of your car. They do good, next applicant works on the next spot. They do poorly, you strip it and make the next applicant do it over.

Then, you charge supplies you buy as tax deductible because it's used in the interview process.

So your car gets fixed, by someone else, labor free, and, the supplies are written off on the taxes.

Sounds like win win win to me. You just kick back, enjoy a beer, and watch
Umm no. I can't even begin to explain all the reasons why lol it's in the thread for the car

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got something I a trade tonight I'm not shore if I can or will use it I have a little research to do first but I got a 4wd 700r4 it's a Goodwrench with low mileage from a 91 3/4ton Blazer. I need to find out what's different to do the swap

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's on had a nice day yesterday and jumped on the rig. Decided I don't know what I'm doing so I have a friend of Eric's coming out today who is a heavy equipment mechanic of 40 years he's going to go over the airman and see what it needs to make it idle down and blow off excess air. Also the glow plugs don't seem to be working. I figure while he is doing that I'll mount and plumb the pump

Wether permitting

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I got something I a trade tonight I'm not shore if I can or will use it I have a little research to do first but I got a 4wd 700r4 it's a Goodwrench with low mileage from a 91 3/4ton Blazer. I need to find out what's different to do the swap
If you decide not to bother with that swap I might manage to find a good use for that trans... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor