Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I took a load of scrap with it once empty on my way out I was I think it was 10500

That's a huge b!tch, but not unreasonable. GVWR should be right around 10,000# with the cab and chassis rated higher.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Off a cab and chassis then? My dually only has 5 mains with an upper and lower overload and even that takes a lot of weight with ease. I do have a 3 leaf upper overload pack to install though.
Yes the v3500 I parted out early on in this thread. There the heavier springs that were optional I g35 or something like that is the too code for them. There supposed to be a 10 leaf pack with 2 in the helper but they have been added to I'm pretty sure mine are 12 and 4 in the helper. It's also got the heavier front leafs regular ones have 2 with a negative arc it has the heavier 3 leafs and mine are modified with 4 and have a slight positive ark so I'm guessing they were re-arcked at some point. That truck also donated it's th400 205 transfer case and bolth driveshafts. If you look back in the thread you'll see that's where the 454 I built came from (now waiting for tear down to assess damage from the cam getting wiped)

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes the v3500 I parted out early on in this thread. There the heavier springs that were optional I g35 or something like that is the too code for them. There supposed to be a 10 leaf pack with 2 in the helper but they have been added to I'm pretty sure mine are 12 and 4 in the helper. It's also got the heavier front leafs regular ones have 2 with a negative arc it has the heavier 3 leafs and mine are modified with 4 and have a slight positive ark so I'm guessing they were re-arcked at some point. That truck also donated it's th400 205 transfer case and bolth driveshafts. If you look back in the thread you'll see that's where the 454 I built came from (now waiting for tear down to assess damage from the cam getting wiped)

Yeah I admit I haven't read all 216 pages thus far. When I joined this is one of many comprehensive multi-year builds exceeding 100 pages that caught my fancy but I never completed. That and when you binge on so many threads they all blue together.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yeah I admit I haven't read all 216 pages thus far. When I joined this is one of many comprehensive multi-year builds exceeding 100 pages that caught my fancy but I never completed. That and when you binge on so many threads they all blue together.
Yeah it's a long drawn out project that I never intended to take this long but every little thing gets it one step closer. I would be a hole lot closer to finished with it if my daily driver didn't consume my entire summer. But these things happen I guess

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah it's a long drawn out project that I never intended to take this long but every little thing gets it one step closer. I would be a hole lot closer to finished with it if my daily driver didn't consume my entire summer. But these things happen I guess

Admittedly this project of yours has spanned less time than my own dually which so far I'd deemed a short term project, purchased Veteran's Day 2016. My long term truck project has been my 1500 purchased in 2009.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Admittedly this project of yours has spanned less time than my own dually which so far I'd deemed a short term project, purchased Veteran's Day 2016. My long term truck project has been my 1500 purchased in 2009.
I was 2 years in this thing when I started the thread

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I drove it out to the building yesterday. It's still acting like it's running out of fuel on hard acceleration. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the tank? The 31 gallon tank I used was from an 87-91 k10 suburban with TBI so I'm pulling fuel threw a in tank pump that's not hooked up. I'm wondering if what I have is a flow problem?
Once at the building I continued on my quest for a better braking system. Thank you ssn696 at last and long overdue NO MORE PARKING BRICK! It's taken me a while to sort that out and come up with enough solutions to make it work I couldn't have done it without those brackets though. I ended up using an aftermarket cable with no coating because 1 I can't come up with the isolator rings for the brackets so they would cut into any coating and 2 my exhaust was done with no cables on the truck and rubs cable everywhere! At least the uncoated cable won't melt or chafe now that the brake system is complete I'm hoping the self adjusters work property. Iv got it stoping better but the brake pedal is still more of a suggestion that a command. I'm going to try and eliminate the rear brake limiter today but it's pouring rain here and extremely cold so I don't think I can get it inside. There's a hemi cuda' convertible in the building and I probably shouldn't put it out in the rain to bring in my truck because it has a rip in the top and I don't know how water proof the shaker is. The guy who owns it would probably tell me. Drive it it's just a car! But yeah no I don't have 70 hemi cuda'convertible repair money so I may be rained out today.

I didn't take any pictures of the progress but I have one of the driver cuda'
KIMG1882.JPG
KIMG1881.JPG

Not mine not putting it out in the rain and certainly not driving it in the rain all though he dose I'm not!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor